In other news
- THOMSON TO ACQUIRE NEWSEDGE. // Online Newsletter;Sept2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8/9, p6
Reports the agreement between the Thomson Corp. and NewEdge Corp. Provision of real-time news and information products and services; Combination of propriety technology, content and special editorial processes; Management of NewEdge by chief executive officer Clifford M. Pollan.
- Fimalac Will Acquire Thomson's BankWatch. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p7
Reports on Fimalac's acquisition of Thomson Corp.'s BankWatch ratings business. Terms of agreement.
- Thomson finalises Primark deal. // Information World Review;Nov2000, Issue 163, p4
Reports that Marquee Acquisition Corporation, a subsidiary of Thomson Corporation, has completed its cash offer for the outstanding common shares of Primark Corporation. Terms of the acquisition deal; Divisions of Primark; Revenue posted by both companies in 1999.
- MAJOR MEDIA MELD. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;09/18/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the deal signed by Thomson Corp. and BCE to pool their resources to create a television, newspaper and Internet powerhouse worth billions of dollars. Terms of the deal; Implications of the deal for the content strategy of BCE; Other companies that announced similar deals in September...
- Thomson acquires NewsEdge Corporation. // Knowledge Management;Nov2001, p4
Reports on Thomson Corp.'s acquisition of NewsEdge Corp. Financial profile of the companies; Products offered by NewsEdge.
- Thomson Buys Dialog for $275 Million. // Online;May/Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the acquisition of the Information Systems Division of Dialog Corp. by Thomson Corporation. Reasons for the sale of the division; Business focus of Dialog; Benefits of the sale to Thomson.
- Techstreet sold to Thomson. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;9/8/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p24
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Thomson Corp. has acquired Ann Arbor, Michigan-based Techstreet Inc. Financial terms were not disclosed. Techstreet posted 2002 revenue of slightly more than $ 3 million, compared with $ 2.25 million in 2001. Techstreet is an online technical-standards store that...
- In Canada, Thomson Nelson Buys Harcourt Canada's K-12 Division. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the K-12 Educational Publishing division of Harcourt Inc. by Thomson Nelson, an education publishing unit of Thomson Corp., in Ontario. Refusal of the companies to disclose the value of the deal; Benefits of Thomson Nelson from the deal; Terms and conditions.
- Thomson buys publisher. // Editor & Publisher;03/20/99, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p21
Reports that Thomson Corp. has acquired science publisher Singular Publishing Group to add to its publishing division, International Thomson Publishing Co.