Pearson Posts Significant Gains As Ed. Div. Meets Profit Expectations
- Internet Investments Impact Pearson's Bottom Line For 2000; Operating Profit Drops 17%. // Educational Marketer;03/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the record sales posted by Pearson PLC of Great Britain for the year 2000, including the performance of its largest revenue producer Pearson Education.
- the week in numbers. // Marketing Week;3/4/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p70
The article presents statistics related to marketing in Great Britain including the percentage by which Pearson saw its pre-tax profit increase for 2009 over 2008, estimated selling price of the digital station 6 Music according to experts, and the number of product lines to be branded under the...
- Dip in Penguin North American sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p20
Announces a dip in sales posted by Penguin Group's North American operations in 1998, according to parent company, Pearson's annual report. Driving factor behind the sales decline; Sales performance of other Pearson subsidiaries. INSET: Wiley, Kluwer acquire two Pearson units..
- Pearson Gains in Consumer, Educational Publishing. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p10
Provides information on the performance of publishing company Pearson in 2002. Total revenue reported by the company for its book publishing division; Percentage of revenue growth posted by the company; Profits reported by Pearson Education for the year.
- Publishing Revenues Near $5 Billion at Pearson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p9
Highlights the publishing revenue growth posted by Pearson in 2001. Sales growth in its education segment; Role of bestsellers in the gains posted by the firm; Areas wherein the firm experienced declines.
- FT yet to enjoy ad recovery. Grant, Alex // Printing World;5/5/2003, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the effect of the United States-led war on Iraq on advertising revenues of Pearson Inc.'s 'Financial Times' newspaper in the U.S. Percentage decline in advertising revenue; Anticipation of a lower profits for the newspaper; Perceived impact of the lower education budgets in the U.S....
- THIS WEEK'S MEDIA NEWS AT A GLANCE. // Media Week;3/11/2008, Issue 1153, p6
This section offers news briefs related to the mass media industry in Great Britain as of March 2008. "Financial Times" owner Pearson posted a profit in 2007 of Â£539 million. One of the backers of the plan of Lachlan Murdoch to purchase Consolidated Media Holdings for Â£1.5 billion has...
- Pearson plc SWOT Analysis. // Pearson SWOT Analysis;Aug2014, p1
A company profile of Pearson PLC, an international media and education company, that is headquartered in London, England, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees, revenues, and profits. A SWOT analysis is...
- Pearson Book Revenues Rose 17% to $4 Billion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the increase in total book revenues and operating profit at Pearson in 2000. Reason for the importance of the strong showing of Penguin Putnam's frontlist in 2000; Important contributions to the Penguin Group's sales gain; Increase in the United States school sales in Pearson Education.