- Cinar To Fight Delisting; Hires Merrill Lynch To Explore Business Alternatives. // Electronic Education Report;08/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the delisting of Cinar Corp.'s stocks on the Nasdaq due to the company's inability to complete and publicly file audited financial statements.
- Cinar's stock may face delisting. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;06/22/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p4
Informs on the legal and financial problems of Cinar Corp., the embattled Montreal, Quebec-based TV producer and distributor. Danger of stock being delisted from the Toronto and Nasdaq stock exchanges; Phony Canadian names put on scripts actually written by Americans to get tax credits from Canada.
- Cinar lays off 33% of staff. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;11/6/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 59, p4
Reports the dismissal of employees in Cinar Corp. in Montreal, Quebec. Rate of laid off staffs; Causes of dismissal of workers; Impact of the laid off on the operation and business planning of the company; Details on the annual shareholders meeting of Cinar on April 29, 2002.
- Financial News... // Electronic Education Report;8/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p6
Reports the financial condition of Cinar Corp. in Montreal, Quebec. Growth in sales; Increase in revenues; Decline in amortization fees.
- Cinar posts loss as revenues tumble. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;4/28/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the financial performance of Canada-based children's television program producer Cinar Corp. in the first quarter of 2003. Losses suffered by the company; Factors affecting the financial performance of the company.
- Cinar looks to restore pulse to ailing stock. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;4/14/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p10
Reports on Canada-based children's television producer Cinar Corp.'s petition for the lifting of a cease-trade order on its shares by the Quebec Securities Commission and application for a stock relisting on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Improvements in Cinar's finances; Changes in Cinar's strategy.
- Cinar duo out; $122 mil AWOL. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;03/07/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 2, p1
Highlights Canadian television producer Cinar Corp.'s loss of funds. Resignation of chief executives Micheline Charest and Ronald Weinberg; Result of an internal audit; Cinar's allegations of abuse of the film tax-audit system; Decline in shares on the stock exchange.
- SHAREHOLDERS OK CINAR SALE TO HIRSH. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;2/18/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the decision of the shareholders of the Montreal, Quebec-based animation production company Cinar to sell the company to an investor group led by Michael Hirsh. Financial scandals faced by Cinar; Comment of Cinar CEO Stuart Snyder regarding the deal.
- Ruling eases sale of Cinar. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;1/13/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 11, p47
Reports on the approval of the Quebec Securities Commission to temporarily lift the ban on the sale of the shares of Cinar Corp.