Which One of These Is Not Like the Others? An Inter-Hospital Study of the Viscosity of Thickened Fluids
- New prize honors top rheology paper. // Physics Today;Jan94, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the Society of Rheology's establishment of the `Journal of Rheology' Publication Award. Recognition of outstanding papers published in its `Journal of Rheology' periodical; Criteria for judgment; Cash prize.
- Problems in linking the threshold condition for the transport of cohesionless and cohesive sediment grain Lee, Say-Chong; Mehta, Ashish J. // Journal of Coastal Research;Winter1994, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p170
No abstract available.
- Globus sensation: findings on videofluoroscopic examinations. Chung, Jean Y.; Levine, Marc S.; Weinstein, Gregory S.; Laufer, Igor // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p35
Objective: To determine the findings on videofluoroscopy of the pharynx and esophagus in patients with a globus sensation and compare them with a similar group of patients with dysphagia. Methods: A computerized search of radiology files revealed 83 patients with a globus sensation who had...
- VIDEOFLUOROSCOPY OF DEGLUTITION IN CHILDREN AFTER REPAIR OF ESOPHAGEAL ATRESIA. Hörmann, M.; Pokieser, P.; Scharitzer, M.; Pumberger, W.; Memarsadeghi, M.; Partik, B.; Ekberg, O. // Acta Radiologica;Sep2002, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p507
Evaluates the functional disorders of the oral and pharyngeal phases of deglutition after repair of esophageal atresia in children. Videofluoroscopic studies; Results in the oral, pharyngeal and esophageal phases.
- Videofluoroscopic evaluation of prosthetic fit and residual limbs following transtibial amputation. Bocobo, Christian R.; Castellote, Juan M. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Jan98, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p6
Provides information on a study on the videofluoroscopic evaluation of prosthetic fit and residual limbs following transtibial amputation. Methods of the study; Identification of the components of residual limb or socket requiring radiographic markers; Description of residual limb-socket...
- LABORATORY EXAMINATIONS OF VP ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Jul2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p240
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Velopharyngeal Dysfunction: Speech Characteristics, Variable Etiologies, Evaluation Techniques, and Differential Treatments," by Dworkin, Marunick, and Krouse in the October 2004 issue.
- VIDEOFLUOROSCOPIC AND MANOMETRIC EVALUATION OF SWALLOWING FUNCTION IN PATIENTS WITH MULTIPLE SYSTEM ATROPHY. Higo, Ryuzaburo; Tayama, Niro; Nitou, Takaharu; Watanabe, Takeshi; Ugawa, Yoshikazu // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Jul2003, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p630
We investigated swallowing function of 29 patients with multiple system atrophy (MSA) by videofluoroscopy and manometry. Abnormal findings in videofluoroscopy were generally consistent with those in Parkinson's disease. Although findings of videofluoroscopy were not correlated with a history of...
- British Geriatrics Society. // Age & Ageing;Sep95 Supplement 2, Vol. 24, pP12
Presents an abstract of the study `Aspiration in stroke-Is videofluoroscopy (VF) the gold standard?,' by C.I.A. Jack, J. Heffer, J. Atherton, M. Gosney, C.C. Evans and M. Lye, presented during the spring meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 6 to 8, 1995.
- Esophageal Solid Bolus Transit: Studies Using Concurrent Videofluoroscopy and Manometry. Pouderoux, Philippe; Guoxiang Shi; Tatum, Roger P.; Kahrilas, Peter J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1999, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p1457
OBJECTIVE: Our aim was to assess the efficacy and mechanism of solid bolus transit through the esophagus. METHODS: Eight healthy volunteers were studied with concurrent manometry and videofluoroscopy while swallowing 5 ml liquid barium, a 5-6 mm diameter bread ball, and 4 g chewed bread in both...