Development of Isolation-Induced Vocal Behavior in Normal-Hearing and Deafened Guinea Pig Infants
- Dynamics of hematologic parameters and of the erythrocyte deformability index at the juvenal period of rats and guinea pigs. Novozhilov, A.; Katyukhin, L.; Feizullaev, B. // Journal of Evolutionary Biochemistry & Physiology;Feb2012, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p32
In experiments on Wistar rats and guinea pigs, dynamics of blood hematological parameters and of erythrocyte deformability index (DI) was studied from birth to the 3-month age. In rats, significant changes were revealed in the picture of blood for the first month of postnatal ontogenesis. The...
- Decreased sialidase activity in alveolar macrophages of guinea pigs exposed to coal mine dust Bignon, J.; Terzidis-Trabelsi, H.; Levevre, J. P.; Lambre, C. R. Lambre // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jul1992, Vol. 97, p103
No abstract available.
- No-problem pet. // Current Health 1;Nov89, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the guinea pig as the perfect pet and provides tips on how to care for one.
- Fake ID? Culotta, E. // Science World;4/3/92, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p5
States that thanks to the guinea pig, `every biology book on the planet may have to be rewritten.' Biologist Winston Hide; Finding by Hide's team that guinea pigs and rodents don't share as many proteins as most close relatives; Why guinea pigs deserve their own order; More.
- Domesticated Guinea pigs in Peru. // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug84, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p16
Peruvians raise the nutritious rodents in their bedrooms--and consume 70 million of them a year. The tasty meat, sometimes stuffed with a mint and marigold, and roasted on a wooden skewer, has been a regional specialty for thousands of years. The guinea pig was domesticated for food use at...
- My attack guinea pig. Smith, L.W. // Single Parent;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p40
Presents an article on the joys of having a guinea pig for a pet.
- Fried Guinea Pig (Ayacucho-style). Chactado, Cuy // World History Bulletin;Spring2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p22
A recipe for Fried Guinea Pig is presented.
- Sulfur Mustard-Induced Apoptosis in Hairless Guinea Pig Skin. Kan, Robert K.; Pleva, Christina M.; Hamilton, Tracey A.; Anderson, Dana R.; Petrali, John P. // Toxicologic Pathology;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p185
The present study was aimed to examine whether apoptosis is involved in the pathogenesis of sulfur mustard (SM)-induced basal cell death. Skin sites of the hairless guinea pig exposed to SM vapor for 8 minutes were harvested at 3, 6, 12, 24, and 48 hours postexposure. Immunohistochemical...
- Differential response to dexamethasone on the TXB2 release in guinea-pig alveolar macrophages induced by zymosan and cytokines. Salgueiro, M. E.; Conde, M.; Seco, A. J.; Mendez, N.; Manso, G. // Mediators of Inflammation;Dec97, Vol. 6 Issue 5/6, p375
Glucocorticosteroids reduce the production of inflammatory mediators but this effect may depend on the stimulus. We have compared the time course of the effect of dexamethasone on the thromboxane B2 (TXB2) release induced by cytokine stimulation and zymosan in guinea-pig alveolar macrophages....