`Real Existing Christianity' in America
- Track for the Times. Cowley, Malcolm // New Republic;6/17/40, Vol. 102 Issue 25, p829
The article presents a review of the book "The Idea of a Christan Society," by T. S. Eliot.
- CONTOURS OF CULTURE. Myers, Ken // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;May/Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
The article reviews the books including "The Idea of a Christian Society," and "Notes Towards the Definition of Culture," by T.S. Eliot.
- Is America a Christian Nation? Hatfield Sr., Danny G. // Ellis County Press;4/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
The article offers the author's insights regarding the U.S. as a Christian nation.
- The decline of a great nation. ROBISON, JAMES // Ellis County Press;12/13/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p4
A continuation of an article published in previous issue about the weakening of the Christian faith in the U.S. is presented.
- â€œDitch Holiday Programmingâ€. Lewis-Jessup, Cynthia; Grace Hua, Amanda; Jones, Kendra // School Library Journal;Jan2015, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p8
The author presents her views on Christianity and Christians in the U.S.
- CONTRACT, COVENANT, AND THE BEGINNING OF "THE AMERICAN CENTURY" McInerny, Ralph // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov2000, Issue 107, p73
Discusses the fact and idea behind 'Christian America' and the beginning of Enlightenment in the United States. Constituting idea of the American experiment; Biblical idea of covenant embraced by earlier Americans; Conflict between contract and covenant with enlightenment on the contract side...
- Can't buy me ministry. Long, Jim // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the Christian movement in the United States. Changes in the characteristics of the movement since its inception in the 1960s; Changes in the Christian music industry; Blurring of the division between ministry and business.
- News briefs. // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p75
Reports on developments concerning Christians in the United States as of May 20, 1996. Includes the closing of the office of Moorings, a Christian division of Ballantine Publishing, in Nashville, Tennessee; Selection of Robert A. Schuller as head of the Crystal Cathedral Ministries; Suicide of...
- Why I don't go to a megachurch. Yancey, Philip // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p80
Presents the author's views on the increasing popularity of large churches in the United States. Author's preference for small places of prayer; Advantages of small over large communities; Diversity within the Christian church; Description of the author's family; Societies' tendency to devise...