- Sun puts up ?1M gameshow prize. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign;09/04/98, Issue 36, p5
Reports that the British newspaper `The Sun' sponsored International Television's (ITV) gameshow `Who Wants to be a Millionaire.' Total financing allocated to the gameshow by the newspaper; Description of `The Sun's' advertising campaign for the show; Comments from the newspaper's marketing...
- The One-Minute Media Diet. Powers, William // National Journal;12/04/99, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p3458
Speculates on the reason the periodical `The Washington Post' never talked about the ABC television game show `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.' Newspapers that dealt on this issue; Characters of people living in Washington State; Perspective on the news.
- A BIG PAYDAY FOR COLUMNIST. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;07/31/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 31, p9
Reports that `Chicago Sun-Times' gaming columnist John Grochowski won in the television quiz show `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.' Prize money; Competition with contestant Regis Philbin.
- The Sun has sealed a deal to sponsor the next series... // Campaign;02/19/99, Issue 7, p3
Discloses the finalization of the deal which will make `The Sun' newspaper the sponsor of the series of Carlton's flagship gameshow, `Who Wants to be a Millionaire?'
- ABC banking on 'Millionaire' strip. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;9/2/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 42, p15
Reviews the television program 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.'
- Moving to free: Success or disaster? Case, Tony // Editor & Publisher;7/27/96, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the `Village Voice' periodical's switch to free distribution. Boost in its circulation from the move; Distribution problems since the conversion; Response of other weeklies in New York to the publication's distribution method.
- The Village people. Walls, Jeannette // New York;5/31/93, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p20
Comments on the cacophony at the `Village Voice.' Clashes involving editor-in-chief Jonathan Larsen; Constant chorus of complaints from staff; Discussion of a coup; David Schneiderman, publisher, insistence that he's not bothered by the strife; Recent firing and rehiring of Robert I. Friedman,...
- Michael Musto's iron buns workout. Wechsler, Pat; Friedman, Roger D. // New York;9/19/94, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p13
Reports on changes in the periodical `The Village Voice.' Karen Durbin as new editor; Lack of political features; Complaints from the paper's employees; Audrey Shachnow as new design director; Elimination of foreign and investigative reporting.
- Is this picture nasty? Or no big deal? Dominus, Susan // Glamour;May95, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p106
Reports on the readers' reaction to a front page photograph of a nude model with an exposed tampon string published by the newspaper `The Village Voice.' Allegations of vulgarity and tastelessness by the readers; Explanation from the newspaper's publishers and staff.