- All the swells fit to invite. Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;7/22/96, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p11
Reports that several editors and journalists of the `New York Times' newspaper were not invited to the newspaper's centennial party. Editors' reactions to the snub.
- The End of His Raines. Bernstein, Jacob // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/6/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 114, p14
Reports on the resignation of executive editor, Howell Raines from the New York Times along with managing director, Gerald Boyd. Details about the resignations; Pros and cons to the resignations; Job replacements; Implications for the operations of the newspaper.
- THE PRESS. Adamo, S. J. // America;12/26/1970, Vol. 123 Issue 21, p568
The author reflects on the refusal of "The New York Times" to publish a pastoral letter from Catholic bishops of New York about the abortion practices flourishing within the state in 1970. He believes that one of "The New York Times" editor has allowed his fanaticism for the newspaper's stance...
- New York Times Advisories and National/International News Selection. Todd, Rusty // Journalism Quarterly;Winter83, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p705
Examines the influence of the advisories of "The New York Times" to newspaper editors in the U.S. Usefulness of the advisories to guide editors what stories to picked; Assessment of the use of advisories by editors; Classes of grouping of stories by the newspaper.
- Journalist. Shtrakhman, Darina // Teen Ink;Nov2007, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p22
An interview with "New York Times" editorial editor Gail Collins is presented. When asked how she got into the field of journalism, she explains that her mother wanted her to be a journalist and she has always worked on her school's official paper. She started as a reporter but she liked the...
- An editor's hidden hand in reporting. Weinberg, Steve // Christian Science Monitor;10/4/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 220, p11
Discusses the role of editors in the reportage of journalists. Case of Wen Ho Lee who was accused of espionage in the United States, and criticism of 'The New York Times' for its coverage of the issue; Widespread public ignorance of the work of editors in assigning stories and perspectives;...
- Howlin' in the Rain. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;06/04/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p50
Focuses on the reorganization at `The New York Times' newspaper following the selection of Howell Raines as the executive editor of the newspaper. Qualities that should be possessed by an executive editor; Commendations on the significance of the newspaper in the United States society; Writing...
- Mutiny at The Times. Poniewozik, James; Bower, Amanda; Morse, Jodie; Sachs, Andrea; Novak, Viveca // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/16/2003, Issue 23, p50
The article presents information on the resignation of some leading editors of the newspaper "The New York Times" due to their involvement in plagiarism scandals. Howell Raines, the executive editor of the newspaper under whose leadership the magazine "Times" won seven Pulitzer Prizes in 2002...
- A Balanced Report. // Time;8/3/1953, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p54
The article reports on the criticism received by the newspaper "New York Times" from Reverend Robert C. Hartnett for making some casual remarks about Senator Joe McCarthy into headlines. Hartnett, editor of "America," accused the newspaper of not providing a balanced report. He denied that he...