Focused On Food
- Princeton adapts menus from Washington Inn. McDermott, Karen Govel // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p76
Focuses on the visiting chef program offered by the Princeton University Dining Services which students the opportunity to sample menus from some of the most renowned chefs and restaurants in Chicago, Illinois and New Jersey. Description of the program; Features of the Great Chefs of Chicago...
- Princeton University Dining Services. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p41
Features the Princeton University Dining Services dining hall at Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey. Details of the dining hall's `Salute to Seinfeld' dinner; Visiting Chef Series program of the school; Average meal price; Food cost; Most popular dish.
- Princeton students lift heads out of the sand, taste ostrich. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p19
Reports on Princeton University Dining Services director Stuart Orefice's decision to serve ostrich to students as part of a guest-chef program in Princeton, New Jersey. Bernard Cretier of Le Vichyssois as the guest chef; Successful acceptance of ostrich as an alternative meat; Other...
- Princeton Opens First Campus Center. // Food Management;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p14
Announces that Princeton University in New Jersey has opened its first campus center. Food service options available; Attractions of The Beverage Laboratory; Uniform of the food service employees at The Beverage Laboratory.
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- More healthy options. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p90
Talks about the popularity of chicken dishes in universities and colleges in the United States. Information on chicken menus; How chicken is served by caterers; Why chicken remains popular.
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p126
Presents recipes of Mexican foods offered at food facilities in public schools and universities in the United States. Includes El Paso Independent School's Mexican Rice; Volusia County Schools' Cafe Enchiladas; Yuma Regional Medical Center's Chicken Tortilla Soup; El Paso Independent School's...