- TONY CECCARELLI, LOURDES HOSPITAL: Keeping in touch. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p48
Profiles Tony Ceccarelli, director of food and nutrition services at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, New York. Career background; Role in the employee payroll conversion of the hospital; Efforts in response to the administration's mandate for service upgrade.
- Lisette Coston: Renewed Commitment. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p42
The article profiles Lisette Coston, executive director for support service at the Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It describes her role and responsibilities as executive director who oversees food service, environmental services, laundry and patient transportation. It discusses...
- Dealing with the crisis. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p54
Discusses the measures adopted by the foodservice operator at the Beaufort Memorial Hospital in Beaufort, South Carolina to the increasing beef prices as of February 2004. Impact of stir-fry beef on the menu; Beef dish most preferred by customers; Ingredients of the Tater Tot Casserole menu.
- People Power. // Food Management;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p20
The article offers information on how the employees of the Saint John Health Plaza CafÃ© in Tulsa, Oklahoma, turned the place into a success story. It states that the success of the CafÃ© is due to the sense of ownership among the employees. The CafÃ© was closed for eight months in 2007...
- Seeking to reduce special diet numbers. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p12s
Reports on the reduction of special hospital patient menus by reducing fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol contents in basic recipes in the United States. Nutritional information printed together with hospital menus; Descriptions of recipe; Modification of recipes to satisfy costumers and...
- PRESSURE COOKER of an issue: control of food service. Andrews, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p27
Examines the increasing involvement of materials managers in the food service operations of hospitals in the United States. Arguments against the assumption of food service control by materials managers; Functions of food service managers; Questions to consider before considering reassignments;...
- The Future of Hospital Foodservice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Comments on issues concerning the hospital foodservice in the United States. Characteristic of healthcare foodservice profession; Challenges faced by the industry; Insights on foodservice management of Carol Sherman at Mount Sinai/NYU Health System.
- Healthcare FSDs Play a Key Role in Their Institution's Public Relations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the impact of hospital food service departments on the food service management industry. Public relations issue resulting from the creation of larger hospital networks; Perception of hospitals as big businesses dominated by profit pressures; Need for dieticians to effectively...
- Adding Revenue Streams. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the initiative of the foodservice department at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine in turning to take-home meals for an additional revenue stream.