- What About Outsourcing?. Tanner, Jeffrey M.; Gwinn, Donald G. // College & University;Spring2004, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p45
Presents insights that help college administrators navigate the relevant issues associated with outsourcing in college administration. Alumni relations; Bookstore operations; Campus cleanup; Computer services; Event management; Financial management; Fire and police protection; Fleet services;...
- Be Bright! Eat Right! -- A Successful Community -- Campus Partnership. Dart, Lyn // TAFCS Research Journal;2007, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p23
The article offers information on Be Right! Eat Right!, a pilot program which aims to promote healthy lifestyle practices for 1st grade students in Forth Worth Independent School District (FWISD) in Texas. It notes the FWISD together with Texas Dept. of Health (TDH) and the Dept. of Nutritional...
- Student health. // British Medical Journal;11/13/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6045, p1160
Evaluates the importance of student health services in Great Britain. Relevance of health services as source of help, advice and medical care; Role of student physicians.
- Curbing the drinking. Hodgson, Karyn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p16
Reports on a binge-drinking prevention program launched in various universities in the United States. Fund provided by the Robert Woods Johnson Foundation for the project; Student involvement in the project; Level of binge drinking on campuses all over the US.
- Colleges receive Healthy FE and Skills recognition. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;5/13/2013, Issue 75, p3
The article informs that Healthy Further Education (FE) and Skills recognition has been given two 10 colleges of Great Britain as a part of a programme that recognises health promotion and wellbeing amongst college staff.
- Promoting Health. Taylor, Marygrace // FoodService Director;2/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p50
The article focuses on the trend of wellness meal promotion on college campuses in the U.S., such as Pennsylvania State University's Residential Healthy Eating and Living wellness program and the Wellness Station opened by Creative Dining Services at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Certified Tobacco Free. McClure, Ann // University Business;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p19
The article offers information on the Certification for Tobacco-Free Campus Policy offered by a nonprofit organization called The Bacchus network that focuses on health and safety issues for college students in the U.S.
- Calif. Officials Call for 1st Public Smoke-Free Campuses. // Community College Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p15
Reports on a proposed ban on smoking by the health services department of the Riverside Community College District of California as of June 2002. Purpose of the move; Reaction of smokers to the proposed ban; Support of community college faculty and student senates for the proposal.
- Health Enhancement in Montana: Is the Glass Half-Empty or Half Full? Stewart, Craig; Rehor, Peter // Physical Educator;Fall98, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p127
Explores the minimal support for Health Enhancement program in theory or practice of universities and colleges in Montana. Focus of the grant activities of the program; Objectives of the program; Conclusions.