- Booting Up for Nutrition. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p56
This article discusses the need for an in depth staff training in addressing the intense focus on nutrition in the food service industry. Online education methods can effectively cut through such barriers. Margie Saidel, director of nutrition, K-12, for Chartwells, worked with Deanne...
- What people can eat. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p45
Focuses on the effort of the U.S. foodservice industry to plan menus and create programs that would entice customers to eat smart. Remarks from Flik Intl. nutritionist Deanne Brandstetter on menu design; Ingredients of a soy and vegetable curry; Belief of Bon Appetit Management Co. executive...
- The Rise of the Foodservice Dietitian. Begun, Rachel // Food Management;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the rise of registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) in food service. It mentions the appointments of Deanne Brandstetter, Beth Winthrop and Megan Hunter as food service dietitians in companies. It discusses the occupational role of an RDN who fosters health, wellness and...
- What constitutes 'healthy' vending? // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Presents the results of a survey of the criteria for healthy snack foods available in vending machines in the U.S.
- LOOKING UP: TRACKING TRENDS. Schruntek, Waiter J. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p28
Deals with issues on food service in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Indications of the need to increase the use of vending as a feeding option; Internet access of foodservice operators; Budget forecast on senior feeding services.
- Bristol Uni to improve its vending offering. // Vending International;Dec2015, p8
The article reports that a study at University of Bristol, England, found that foods/drinks sold through campus vending machines were high in fat, saturated fat and sugar, and that this finding will be used as basis for an intervention which could positively change the vending milieu in the school.
- PILOT TO TAKE OFF: Flik labeling grab-n-go. // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Announces that Flik International Corp. is piloting nutritional labeling of its grab-and-go sandwiches and salads at ABN AMRO Inc., a financial firm in Chicago, Illinois. Reason ABN AMRO was the perfect pilot site for labeling, according to Deanne Brandstetter, director of nutrition; Challenges...
- Compass sets nutrition vision. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Interviews Deanne Brandsetter, director of nutrition at Compass Group, regarding the nutrition-focused educational program she created. Sectors and brands of Compass that is tasked to Brandstetter to create a global nutrition and wellness program; Basis for recommending a company-wide nutrition...
- A healthy debate. // Vending International;Dec2015, p16
The article focuses on healthy food options for customers of the automated vending business. Topics include the internet and social media as marketing tools for healthy foods, campaign against added and hidden sugar in food and drink products, and automated vending as having the potential of a...