For Any Occasion
- FSD's Compensation Study 2009. // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p44
The article offers information on FoodService Director's 2009 Compensation Study, which examined the non-commercial foodservice industry. Results of the study indicated that the highest average salary of foodservice directors in 2009 was at 65,892 U.S. dollars in Northeastern U.S. while it was...
- PFG Rolls Out Voice Across Five Facilities. // Food Logistics;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 106, p8
The article reports that U.S. foodservice distribution company Performance Food Group (PFG), has successfully rolled out voice technology in five of its broadline distribution centers. Using solutions from Voxware Inc., the company plans to expand voice with a schedule that assumes a new...
- Willkie Farr leases 240,000 sq. ft. in New York's Equitable Tower. // National Real Estate Investor;Jan96, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p22
Reports on law firm Willkie Farr's leasing of office space at Equitable Tower in New York City.
- Caterers get behind School Meals Matter. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/12/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4618, p8
The article reports that the contract food service of Great Britain will support the School Meals Matter campaign.
- Report Examines School Contract Issues. // Food Management;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the findings of the study conducted by the consulting firm Clarion Group which shows that food service contract companies operating in New Jersey schools are overcharging their districts for workers compensation and liability insurance.
- Maureen. Hill, Maureen // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;9/8/2006, Issue 1837, p36
This article presents the author's comments on different events related to tourism. The Tourism Authority of Thailand launched the "CHIC--by Thailand" campaign in September 2006 to attract new visitors to the country. A restaurateur in China recently launched a promotional campaign for his...
- HFM honors 2002 winners of Spotlight on Innovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p18
Reports the awards received by the Foodservice directors from hospitals in Chicago, Toronto and Columbus, Ohio. Presentation of award from the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management; List of awardees; Provisions of the awards during the HFM's annual conference.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Turning point. Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p37
Profiles several food service employees in the United States. Includes Millie Miner, waitress of International House of Pancakes in North Palm Beach, Florida; Van Eure, owner of Angus Barn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Julie Lau, general manager of Suzie's in New York City; Paul Murphy, chef of...