His Own Man
- Tapping Into The Spa. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p14
An interview with Dennis Pierce, director of dining services at The University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut is presented. He details the process his team goes through to create a line of healthful packaged items called Spa Foods. He relates that the process of developing the retail...
- U-Conn launches podcasting. // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p4
Presents information on the MP3 version of the online dining service made available by the University of Connecticut (U-Conn) in Storrs, Connecticut, to its students in August 2005. Concept of the service; Statement from Dennis Pierce, director of dining services at U-Conn, regarding the dining...
- U of CT rolls out `Paw Pad' truck. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the launch of University of Connecticut's food truck service, called `The Paw Pad.' Targeted consumers; Average revenue per day; Items sold; Plans of making the food truck mobile in summer.
- University of Connecticut, McMahon Hall. Warmouth, Megan // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p19
The article offers information on the restaurant-style display kitchens at the University of Connecticut McMahon Dining Hall which provides various cuisines at multiple serving stations.
- FACILITY CONSOLIDATION, RETAIL EXPANSION: UConn soars with foodsvc. upgrades, seeks new markets. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p34
Relates the consolidation and expansion plans for the food service facilities at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut. Features that will be added to the facility; Resident areas to be opened at the university in fall 2003; Description of the dining hall.
- UConn Dining Services desires goodwill plan to boost business from incoming students. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p18
Highlights the goodwill plan formulated by the University of Connecticut Dining Services for dormitory residents. Aim of promoting meal plans to the students; Recruitment of students for jobs at the food service facility; Handing of information material on Dining Services together with free...
- Pierce moves up. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Presents an update on personnel changes at college and university food service in the U.S. as of July 2005. Appointment of Dennis Pierce at the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Designation of Pete Napolitano at the State University of New York in Cobleskill.
- Pick Me Up. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p54
An interview with Grant Morrison, foodservice area manager at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, is presented. He offers information on the school's Moveable Feasts catering program which was created to give customers an alternative to the university's larger catering department. Morrison...
- Goodbye Gluten. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p34
The article focuses on the gluten-free meals at the University of Connecticut (UConn) in Storrs. UConn started making gluten-free meals when the wife of the university's culinary operations manager contracted celiac disease. With the awareness that several people in UConn may be suffering from a...