Proactive Student Inspires Kosher Program
- Student Support. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p56
An interview with Lisa Wandel, director of residential dining at Pennsylvania State University, is presented. She talks about the university's mentoring program that aims to help foodservice directors groom students to become foodservice operators. Wandel offers information on her mentoring...
- Looking for Adventure. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p30
The article features Lisa Wandel, director of Residential Dining at Pennsylvania State University at University Park. Wandel explains how she started The Women's Adventure Club for Centre Country, a Meetup group where women-members would come together for outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking...
- Geared to age-groups: Penn State introduces new 5-star nutrition ratings. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on University Park-based Penn State University's introduction of a `five-star' rating system to help students identify five key nutrients in their food selections. Posting of the five-star system on the menus.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: PENN STATE BRAND UPDATE RECORDS $9K DAILY BOOST. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
Presents updates on the renovation of University Park, Pennsylvania-based Penn State University's HUB student union which combine national, manufacturer and in-house brands. Background of the conversion of the operation; Aims of the renovation; Status of the facility employment; Remarks from HUB...
- Penn. St. Debuts new Foodcourt. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
Informs about the opening of the foodcourt at the Pennsylvania State University's main campus in University Park. Completion date for first phase of a two-part expansion of cash-operations; Food service areas including Casa Ortega by Nestle, Piccalilli's salad operation, and Chat's coffee bar.
- Penn State's Union Street roll-out: New union concepts set. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Pennsylvania State University's Union Street's launching of a student union cafeteria in August 1998.
- Listen Up. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
The article offers a look at how Shawn LaPean, director of Cal Dining at the University of California in Berkeley, saved the dining business during its lowest time. LaPean notes that in doing his business, he does not feed people, but he serves them. He applied work, flexibility and an...
- Renaissance Food Fairs: Penn. State residents halls try `period dining' foodfairs. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the food fairs of Renaissance Food Faires at Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania. Food at the fairs; Food service employees at the fairs; Participation of students at the fairs.
- Balancing Acts. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Presents the views of several U.S. foodservice university operators on the top business concerns for the 2004-2005 academic year. Top concern of Ted Mayer, executive director of dining services from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts; Major issue in terms of food according to C....