Marines Invade the CIA
- Advanced food enthusiasts sign up for Culinary Boot Camp II. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p31
Features the Culinary Institute of America's Continuing Education Department's Culinary Boot Camp II for food enthusiasts ready for the next level of training in New York City. Featured activities; Topic discussions; Contact information.
- Casual foodies. Petran; Van Houten, Meredith // Restaurant Business;09/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 18, p19
Reports that the kitchen managers of Phoenix, Arizona-based restaurant chain Houston Restaurants Inc. will attend classes at the Culinary Institute of America St. Helena, California. Topics to be taken; Manager education as part of the chain's effort to reinvent itself.
- Inside the school circle. Gauthier, Rodney // Marines;Aug98, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p30
Discusses the significance of nonresident professional military education (PME) to the United States Marines. Importance of PME; Definition of tempo; Discussion on mission-type orders; PME courses offered by the service.
- Feeding the troops. Liddle, Allan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p58
Information on the Fourth Annual Hennessy Travelers Association (HTA) Educational Foundation Armed Forces Forum for Culinary Excellence held at the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California on September 18-26, 2010 is presented. Topics include food service, culinary mentoring and...
- CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A CPA? Reed, Ronald O.; Buchman, Thomas; Lily, Martha S. // Financial Executive;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses the requirements for the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation. Although a person may have legitimately achieved CPA status at one time, it could lapse for any of several reasons. In some states the CPA license carries an expiration date. Many states require that...
- USMC College of Continuing Education. // Officer;Apr2005, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p77
Reports that UNITECH Inc. has been awarded a contract to provide program support and courseware development at the U.S. Marine Corps College of Continuing Education in Quantico, Virginia. Terms and condition of the agreement; Assessment tools created by the company; Commitment of UNITECH in...
- The PATh to Success for FOODSERVICE Professionals. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/1/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 18, Special section p22
The article focuses on The Culinary Institute of America's (CIA) offering of continuing education program for professional development. Vice President, continuing education Mark Erickson explains that institute's program and its focal point. Education certifications being offered by CIA are...
- The CIA at the GREYSTONE: The Industry's Culinaty THINK TANK. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/1/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 18, Special section p28
The article focuses on The Culinary Institute of America's campus in Greystone, California. According to the article, the Greystone campus has expanded its continuing education opportunities and career development programs to include a portfolio of conferences, seminars, leadership retreats and...
- Transmedia launches scholarship. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p11
Reports on Transmedia Network Inc.'s launching of a scholarship program for continuing education at the Culinary Institute of America. Eligibility of employees at member restaurants; Amount to be given.