- Sodexo Unveils New Brand Identity. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2008, Issue 44, p73
The article reports on a new brand identity launched by caterer Sodexho Alliance, which incorporates Sodexho Ireland. The firm, which will now be called Sodexo, will deploy a more contemporary visual identity across the 29,000 sites where the firm operates worldwide. The decision is aimed at...
- Don't just slam logos. Davies, Jim // Design Week;8/18/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p10
The article reflects on the relevance of logos for a company or product by looking at the logos of several companies including McDonald's and Nike. Companies and products have the habit of growing into their logos. The best logos have wit and relevance as well as connotation. On the other hand,...
- Brand New Name Can Lead To Brand New Blame If Change Isn't Handled Correctly. Lucas, Paul // Credit Union Journal;4/2/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p9
The author discusses branding and how improper handling of branding can lead to problems while renaming or changing the logos of credit unions. The author states that many people do not understand marketing and very few understand the importance and the nature of branding. The author also...
- BASF squares up to future. Reed, David // Urethanes Technology;Feb/Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the new brand image of BASF Group. Description of the new logo of the company; Specific areas identified by the company where technological change will offer new market opportunities; Goal of the company according to Chairman JÃ¼rgen Hambrecht.
- Media News: Briefs. // Marketing (00253650);10/27/2004, p7
The article reports that Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has refreshed its brand identity for the launch of its one-stop shop for all advertising complaints on 1 November. The ASA will take over TV and radio complaints from Ofcom. The logo, created by Columns Design, retains the ASA's red...
- Creating a Name and Logo. Vogel, Amanda // IDEA Fitness Journal;Oct2009, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p20
The article offers tips on creating a name, brand identity and designing a logo for a health and fitness business. It tells the significance of reflecting the personal significance of the business name to clients as well as the incorporation of an educational component to naming a business. Also...
- Making Your Mark Through Branding. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;2/1/2005, pN.PAG
Offers tips for the branding process of credit unions. Factors to be considered in selecting a brand name; Steps in creating a brand logo; Role of architecture and design in the branding process.
- Fish4 repositions with logo revamp. // Marketing (00253650);6/7/2006, p9
This article reports that Fish4 Ltd., the online homes, jobs and cars classified service, is overhauling its brand and redesigning its logo to increase awareness of its brand. Fish4 group marketing director Sean Mahon said the aim of the exercise was to position the brand to users and...
- Making a Brand Work. Krebsbach, Karen // U.S. Banker;Nov2006, Vol. 116 Issue 11, p38
Two new studies show the importance of a logo that works and a brand that can be trusted, particularly if a security breach strikes. And if that brand is sullied, consumers will walk.