Building your case for a better paycheck
- Negotiations between Japanese and Americans: The effects of collectivism on integrative outcomes. Lituchy, Terri R. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p386
Examines the integrative outcomes in intranational and international negotiations between the Americans and Japanese. Effects of cultural collectivism; Implications of group membership on the empathy and behaviors of negotiators.
- U.S. and Japanese. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;01/26/98, Vol. 148 Issue 4, p21
Reports that United States and Japanese negotiators continue to work on an aviation agreement as of January 26, 1998. Efforts to reach an agreement; Comments of governmental sources.
- BLUEPRINT For NEGOTIATIONS. Boskey, James B. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Dec93, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on negotiation, the means by which two or more individuals attempt to reach an agreement. Correlation with the alternative dispute resolution movement; Basic concepts and scope; Negotiation styles, tactics and strategies; Initiating offers; Agenda setting; Ethical considerations.
- Succe$$ful negotiating. Kroll, Karen M. // Industry Week/IW;4/1/96, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p17
Presents information on successful negotiations. What Webster defines negotiate as; Comments from Marlyn Kalitan; Tools that promote good negotiation skills; Other pertinent information on good negotiations. INSET: The 5 Ps of negotiating..
- The art of negotiation. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95 Supplement Annual, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p58PA
Presents information on how fundraisers can sharpen skills at negotiating support for their organizations.
- Now that you've made a deal, how will you close it? Kruglinski, Anthony // Railway Age;May97, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p10
Presents some sensible precautions that can be undertaken at the outset of a deal and during its closing process. Deals that do not deserve to close; Why there are transactions that should have closed but did not; Other hints that may be of assistance in closing process.
- Thrust and parry. Adler, Robert; Rosen, Benson // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p42
Discusses lower-risk to higher-risk thrust and parry negotiation techniques. Specific counterploys to respond to negotiation techniques; General counterploys that are often effective against annoying or unfair tactics in negotiations. INSETS: Planning for a negotiation.;Role playing and...
- Foolproof ways to negotiate at work. Haynik, Stephanie // Women in Business;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p14
Presents guidelines for improving negotiating skills in the workplace.
- Step into my parlor: A survey of strategies and techiques... Anderson, Terry // Business Horizons;May/Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p71
Discusses the different strategies and techniques for effective negotiation. Brief information about negotiation; Substantive and relationship outcomes of negotiating; Negotiation strategies; Four points of changing value via the negotiation process; Claiming value via the negotiation process;...
- The eleven commandments of winning negotiators. Liebhaber, Ralph F. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Fall90, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p37
Offers a number of negotiation tips. Refusing to volunteer weaknesses; Aiming high; Giving oneself room to compromise; Satisfying the other negotiator; Using concessions wisely.