The history of sales began with Eve's story
- Going to Market. PATERSON, SEALE // Saint Charles Avenue;Dec2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p72
The article offers information on the history of Dryades Market, a public market in New Orleans, Louisiana which has been in the business since January 10, 1849.
- Labor Markets of the 1920s. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep98, p12
Presents information on the history of the labor market, dating from the 1920s. Performance of the market in 1923; Statistical information representing the labor market; Details on productivity growth.
- The Art of Marketing. Pavitt, Jane // Marketing (00253650);10/19/2000, p40
Reports on the Brand.new exhibit at the London, England-based V and A Museum as of October 19, 2000. Highlights of the exhibit focusing on the history of brand marketing.
- The labour market. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Dec97, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p4
Presents a historical look at the labor market, with an emphasis on Canada. The move from an agricultural society to an industrial one; The replacement of people with machines; How manufacturing has been particularly hard hit; The common sociological profile that communities that riot share;...
- Ad Age's Annals of Marketing Disasters. // Advertising Age;5/11/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 17, p1
A list is presented of marketing strategies evaluated as historic failures by the publication.
- Breaking up America: The dark side of target marketing. Turow, Joseph // American Demographics;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p51
Presents historical information on the rise of target marketing in the United States. Influence of Ernest Elmo Calkins; Factors for the rise of target marketing; Aim of target marketing; Predictions on the social aspect of target marketing.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF HISTORICAL CONTEXT AND UNIQUENESS OF EVENTS FOR THE HISTORICAL ANALYSIS IN MARKETING RESEARCH. Kabadayi, Sertan // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 12, p268
In recent years, many historical studies have been undertaken, and many historical articles have been published in the marketing literature. However, there are still some problems with the appropriate use of this method in marketing research. This paper addresses two of those problems, i.e.,...
- ARCHIVAL MATERIALS IN MARKETING HISTORY. Jones, D.G. Brian // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1988, p175
Deals with archival research specifically the use of manuscript forms of primary data to study the history of marketing in the United States. Difference of historical research from other forms of research; Conduction of an extensive archival research by several institutions in the country; List...
- 100 Marketing Moments. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);12/2/1999, p26
Offers a look at historic landmarks in marketing during the 20th century in Great Britain. Introduction of Coca-Cola in 1900 and Heinz Baked Beans in 1901; Marks & Spencer's registration of the Saint Michael trademark; Independent television's inaugural broadcast in 1955; Launch of the Mini car...