The history of sales began with Eve's story
- Going to Market. PATERSON, SEALE // Saint Charles Avenue;Dec2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p72
The article offers information on the history of Dryades Market, a public market in New Orleans, Louisiana which has been in the business since January 10, 1849.
- Labor Markets of the 1920s. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep98, p12
Presents information on the history of the labor market, dating from the 1920s. Performance of the market in 1923; Statistical information representing the labor market; Details on productivity growth.
- The labour market. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Dec97, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p4
Presents a historical look at the labor market, with an emphasis on Canada. The move from an agricultural society to an industrial one; The replacement of people with machines; How manufacturing has been particularly hard hit; The common sociological profile that communities that riot share;...
- Ad Age's Annals of Marketing Disasters. // Advertising Age;5/11/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 17, p1
A list is presented of marketing strategies evaluated as historic failures by the publication.
- Breaking up America: The dark side of target marketing. Turow, Joseph // American Demographics;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p51
Presents historical information on the rise of target marketing in the United States. Influence of Ernest Elmo Calkins; Factors for the rise of target marketing; Aim of target marketing; Predictions on the social aspect of target marketing.
- ARCHIVAL MATERIALS IN MARKETING HISTORY. Jones, D.G. Brian // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1988, p175
Deals with archival research specifically the use of manuscript forms of primary data to study the history of marketing in the United States. Difference of historical research from other forms of research; Conduction of an extensive archival research by several institutions in the country; List...
- GENTRY AND BOURGEOIS: PATTERNS OF MERCHANT INVESTMENT IN BALTIMORE COUNTY, MARYLAND, 1658 TO 1776. Steffen, Charles G. // Journal of Social History;Spring87, Vol. 20 Issue 3
Examines the investment activities of merchants from 1658 to 1776 in Baltimore County, Maryland. Strategies of the merchants in the market; Details on the economic expansion of the county; Difference between gentry and bourgeois merchants.
- "History of the Tompkins Market," Lecture at Cooper Union. // SoHo Journal: The Magazine of Arts & Politics;Jan2014, p1
The article offers information on the lecture "History of the Tompkins Market" to be held on January 14, 2014 at the Frederick P. Rose Auditorium at the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art in New York City.
- Catholic Henry. Shaw, Jeffery L. // History Today;Sep2009, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p67
A letter to the editors is presented in response to the article "The First Common Market," from the July 2009 issue.