Dealing with HIV
- Facing the Monster. ROUGHTON, RANDY // Airman;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p31
No abstract available.
- Outbreak of Severe Respiratory Disease Associated with Emergent Human Adenovirus Serotype 14 at a US Air Force Training Facility in 2007. Tate, Jacqueline E.; Bunning, Michel L.; Lott, Lisa; Xiaoyan Lu; Su, John; Metzgar, David; Brosch, Lorie; Panozzo, Catherine A.; Marconi, Vincent C.; Faix, Dennis J.; Prill, Mila; Johnson, Brian; Erdman, Dean D.; Fonseca, Vincent; Anderson, Larry J.; Widdowson, Marc-Alain // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p1419
Background. In 2007, a US Air Force training facility reported a cluster of severe respiratory illnesses associated with a rare human adenovirus (Ad) serotype, Ad14. We investigated this outbreak to better understand its epidemiology, clinical spectrum, and associated risk factors. Methods. Data...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: LOUISIANA. // Advocate;5/24/88, Issue 499, p21
Reports that a suspect who bit and scratched two police officer in Louisiana while they arrested him in 1988 will face up to 42 years in prison for deliberately trying to infect his captors with HIV. Details of the arrest; Claims of the suspect's lawyer that he has AIDS-related complex.
- HIV-positive man jailed for unsafe sex. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/24/2003, Issue 813, p57
Relates that an HIV-positive Swedish man has ben jailed for engaging in unprotected sex.
- Two bail hearings denied, one cancelled. McKinnon, Neil // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);9/15/2011, Issue 235, p12
The article reports on the cancellation of a request for bail review by a 30-year-old man in Otttawa, Ontario who was accused of not disclosing his HIV status.
- Poz man faces six accusers. McCann, Marcus // Xtra (Toronto);6/17/2010, Issue 669, p14
The article reports on charges being faced by a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive man for not disclosing his condition before having sex in Ottawa, Ontario.
- LOUISIANA. // Advocate;2/14/89, Issue 518, p17
Reports that a district court judge ordered a burglar in Alexandria, Louisiana who tested positive for HIV to refrain from sex.
- LA County notes high HIV rates at bathhouses. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/7/2003, Issue 815, p31
Reports on the increase in men who were tested positive for HIV at gay bathhouses in Los Angeles, California.
- Minerva. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Aug2011, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p376
The article presents a case study of an HIV-positive adult man presenting with crusted scabies, which was later treated with permethrin and ivermectin.