To the Rescue
- Superman School. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p2
Looks at the Pararescue School for United States Airforce airmen and pararescuemen. Responsibilities of a pararescueman; Overview of a pararescue training; How to gain admittance into a pararescue school.
- 100 Hours. Roughton, Randy // Airman;Jan2014, p1
The article looks at rescue missions conducted by pararescuemen with the 210th, 211th and 212th Rescue Squadrons of the 11th Air Force memorandum of understanding with the Alaska Air National Guard. Topics discussed include civil service rescue missions, the description of a volcano rescue...
- Frontline Duty. // Airman;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p4
Several photographs related to the Air Force in the U.S. are presented including the HC-130 Hercules used in the recovery/combat search and rescue exercise, technical sergeant Tom Simmonds, and a jumbo drop test vehicle.
- The Last 100. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the 304th Rescue Squadron that will remain in Portland, Oregon despite the base realignment and closure actions of the U.S. Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission (BRAC). It is stated that the Reserve's presence in the city will dwindle from nearly 1,100 Airmen to...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.