Writing Lessons Before You Hit 'Send'
- Manual Labor. // Information Security;Jan2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
The article reports on the lack of automated reporting mechanism among security managers despite regulatory mandates for accurate information in the U.S. Based on a survey conducted by the periodical "Information Security," security managers use spreadsheets and electronic mail in their...
- WSU investigates e-mail with false claims about Crain's,
others. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/8/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2
Wayne State University in Detroit, said that it was investigating an e-mail campaign to discredit several businesses that apparently originated in the campus e-mail system. The e-mail that circulated last week falsely claimed the author was partnering with periodical "Crain's Detroit Business"...
- Getting A Critical Mass of Prospects. Lowe, Wendy // Origination News;Jul2010, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p29
The article offers tips on how to build revenue-generating mailing list for e-mail marketing for mortgage businesses.
- Agencies List 376 Reports as Unnecessary. Reilly, Sean // Government Financial Management TOPICS;1/14/2013, p14
The article reports that U.S. agencies have listed 376 reports which could be eliminated. The list has been posted on the Office of Management and Budget website, www.performance.gov. It mentions that the list has been created in response to the 2010 Government Performance and Results...
- Chapter 9: No One Ever Told Me About That. Campbell, Nancy J. // Writing Effective Policies & Procedures;1998, p297
Chapter 9 of the book "Writing Effective Policies and Procedures: A Step-by-Step Resource for Clear Communication," by Nancy J. Campbell is presented. It features the importance of effective communication with users in the implementation of the written policies and procedures. It presents...
- Tools and Resources for Chapter 9. // Writing Effective Policies & Procedures;1998, p305
The article features the tools and resources used in notifying users about the implementation of the written policies and procedures which are found in the Chapter 9 of the book "Writing Effective Policies and Procedures: A Step-by-Step Resource for Clear Communication," by Nancy J. Campbell....
- A note to readers. // Central Penn Business Journal;3/12/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p14
The article lists the electronic mail addresses the journal uses which include people@journal pub.com, calendar@journal pub.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You've Got E-Mail. Goldsborough, Reid // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p31
Provides information on the use of e-mail in the United States. Advantages of using e-mail; Suggested Web-based mailing list service for sending and receiving e-mail; Tips for e-mailing in general.
- How to create, rent effective opt-in e-mail lists. Patton, Carol // B to B;05/08/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p44
Presents tips for creating rent-effective opt-in electronic mail (e-mail) lists. Dwindling novelty of e-mail marketing; Use of contests and sweepstakes to generate e-mail address lists; Offering of unique benefits to those who give their e-mail addresses; Comparison of response rates of e-mail...