Building Construction Site Security
- Selecting a WIRELESS SECURITY SYSTEM. Katz, Fred // Buildings;Aug2008, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p46
The article considers the use of wireless security systems in facilities. A wireless security system is an excellent approach to protecting older residential and commercial properties in which the cost of running wire can oftentimes be excessive. There are many specific elements to keep in mind...
- Overcoming Signal Barriers. Fickes, Michael // Government Security;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on efforts to overcome signal barriers in wireless communication in buildings. Communication breakdown during a major rescue and recovery operation.
- Security Solutions, Hard and Soft. Coia, Anthony // Frozen Food Age;Oct2003, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p56
Describes the various security programs used in the U.S. food industry. Applications of identification systems; Types of wireless communication systems used; Information on the hand reader system.
- Security Systems Watch Your Business When No One Else Can. Wenzel, Elsa // PCWorld;May2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses the use of digital security systems to monitor and protect businesses. It is noted that surveillance cameras may deter crime and allow business owners to act in case a crime is committed. Some surveillance systems allow to view a scene from smartphones, tablet computers or...
- Big spenders. Leitch, John // Contract Journal;8/6/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6438, p14
Focuses on the growth in information technology (IT) spending in the British construction industry. List of IT systems used in the industry; Concerns of the industry on wireless systems; Details of a research program on Information and Communication Technology.
- Cost, Installation Time Cut with Network Installation. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2008, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p26
The article reports on the decision of property investment firm SEGRO to install a security video system at the Kings Norton Business Centre in Birmingham, Alabama. The installation is designed to address security and safety concerns among clients of the company. SEGRO appointed MITIE Security...
- Cell Phone, Landline Transfers Could Be Troubling. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the effect of the recent ruling that allows cellular customers to transfer home landline-based phone number to a cellular phone on potential customers in the U.S. Comments from Merlin Guilbeau, executive director of the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association on the need for...
- On the Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2005, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p44
Presents security systems and products available in the U.S. as of July 2005. Viewpoint digital video recorder i9000 and i8000 series from MDI Security Systems; SDC 1565 Hi/Shear EMLock; ISONAS Security Systems' wireless Internet protocol door reader.
- Implementing Wireless: Have Your Cake and Eat It Too. Cranny, Tim // Certification Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p36
This article provides information on the implementation of wireless security solutions in business enterprises. Passive monitoring of the wireless environment without offering any active response to what is discovered. Solutions that concentrate on the back-end infrastructure of a network...