New Visitor ID Solutions
- Bringing asset management in-house. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p10
Considers some of the benefits of using tracking technology. Other ways that can be used to access critical information from people who cannot identify themselves; Examples of tracking technologies available in the market as of October 2005; Tracking technology being used by businesses and...
- Collaboration is key to RFID. Samwel, Emad // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/15/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p31
Comments on radio-frequency identification (RFID) implementation in the U.S. Information on the development of RFID; Key factors on maximizing the benefits gained from RFID; Importance of setting a standard on the implementation of RFID technology.
- In brief. // Automatic I.D. News;Feb99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Highlights developments concerning automated identification systems. Includes PeopleSoft's acquisition of Distinction Software; Partnership between Software Sellers with qualified personnel for providing consulting services; Recommendation on users to focus on process improvements.
- Unmistakable. Jones, Nicola // New Scientist;8/11/2001, Vol. 171 Issue 2303, p16
Reports on the potential of iris scans to be proof of identity, according to a study. System used by John Daugman of Cambridge University; What prompted International Air Transport Association to encourage Heathrow airport in England to try using iris scans; Limitation of the iris scans.
- ID implants are already here. Armitage, Tom // New Statesman;5/31/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4690, p18
Focuses on a high-technology promotion at the Baja Beach Club in Barcelona, Spain. How members can have a microchip, electronically linked to their credit account at the nightclub, implanted under their skin; Possible future implications; Comments of Keith Bolton, president of Verichip, who...
- ACCESS CONTROL: CHALLENGES AND APPROACHES IN THE INTERNET OF THINGS. Grummt, Eberhard; Müller, Markus; Ackermann, Ralf // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2007, p89
Information about physical items gathered using automatic identification (Auto-ID) technologies such as RFID is envisioned to be available anywhere, anytime using an "Internet of Things". Novel applications can be built on the ability to track and trace real-world objects. Since the required...
- Three card draw. // Automatic I.D. News;May99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on DataCard's strategy to penetrate growing markets for personal identification (ID) systems. Formation of three companies focused on specific markets; Transition from an ID card printer manufacturer to a provider of more complete systems for card-based personal ID, financial, security...
- Prices shrink, choices grow for ID card printers. // Automatic I.D. News;May99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p54
Compares plastic identification card printers available in the market. Manufacturer; Contact information; Product; Print performance; Operating environments.
- Biometrics Security Technology: The Future Now. Berger, Vic // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p60
The article discusses issues related to biometrics security technology in the U.S. It is stated that biometrics is the study of measurable biological characteristics. The paper also discourses the advantages and future of biometrics. The technology includes fingerprint recognition where...