Card Printers: Performance, Durability and Image Quality
- We hardly discussed ye. Gorelick, Dick // American Printer;Feb2006, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p40
The article addresses the seasonality of demand of printers and its implications. It is noted that the root of the seasonality challenge is the migration of informational printing to the Internet. It explains the influence of the emergence of computer on printing demand. A research indicates...
- Powlsons takes first HP Indigo in North Wales. Miller, Emily // Printing World;10/13/2005, Vol. 292 Issue 2, p38
Reports on the claim of creative design and print company Powlsons, Colywyn Bay as the first to install HP Indigo 1050 in North Wales. Competence of the Indigo to compete with larger print providers; Features of the printer; Plans to use the Indigo printer to compliment its litho operations.
- Color Printer. // Network Dictionary;2007, p107
An encyclopedia entry about "Color Printer" is presented. Color computer printers can print more than one color. The CMYK color model of color printers prints in colors, including cyan, magenta, yellow and black. The CMYK model also has the capability of simulating most other colors. The printer...
- Add New Wide-Format Printer Applications so you can sell into New Markets - III. Hellmuth, Nicholas M. // SignGraphic: Outdoor Advertising Magazine;2007, Issue 91, p1
The article highlights several applications of wide-format printers. Although signs are the major application for wide-format inkjet printers, printing firms can actually print all kinds of different jobs, such as greeting cards, restaurant menus, video cassette covers and more. As soon as...
- Mr. Farley's Stamp Act. Taylor, Dan Forrest // New Republic;2/20/35, Vol. 82 Issue 1055, p39
Presents information regarding scandal about stamps involving Postmaster General James A. Farley of the U.S. Argument that the printing of commemorative stamps is one of the most profitable businesses conducted by the government; Mistakes committed by the printers, such as using a wrong shade of...
- State Dept. orders high-speed printers for passport center. // Inside Tucson Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the announcement rendered by the U.S. Department State on a $6.3 million order for high speed printers. These printers will be used in the two passport production mega-centers of the State Department and procured from L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut....
- Letters to the editor. Mellish, Gary; Rendle, Chris; Darrington, Rupert // Printing World;12/2/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 11, p14
Presents letters to the editor related to printing industry. Discussion of paper price increase; Criticism of an article; Comment on a news item.
- Big returns don't need big spends. Dinkovski, Noli // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);9/25/2009, Special section p10
The article discusses the move by printers toward in-house finishing. According to the article, printers who are willing and able to diversify recognize the benefits of investing in finishing machines which include low price for a wider product range and variety, good quality and speed of...
- Oce Showcased at Autodesk University. // CAD/CAM Update;Jan2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article previews the large format printers from the Canon Group Co. which were introduced at Autodesk University 2011, including the Oce ColorWave 300 multifunction printer system, the Oce ColorWave printer and the Oce PlotWave 300 all-in-one large monochrome print system.