Card Printers: Performance, Durability and Image Quality
- We hardly discussed ye. Gorelick, Dick // American Printer;Feb2006, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p40
The article addresses the seasonality of demand of printers and its implications. It is noted that the root of the seasonality challenge is the migration of informational printing to the Internet. It explains the influence of the emergence of computer on printing demand. A research indicates...
- Powlsons takes first HP Indigo in North Wales. Miller, Emily // Printing World;10/13/2005, Vol. 292 Issue 2, p38
Reports on the claim of creative design and print company Powlsons, Colywyn Bay as the first to install HP Indigo 1050 in North Wales. Competence of the Indigo to compete with larger print providers; Features of the printer; Plans to use the Indigo printer to compliment its litho operations.
- Color Printer. // Network Dictionary;2007, p107
An encyclopedia entry about "Color Printer" is presented. Color computer printers can print more than one color. The CMYK color model of color printers prints in colors, including cyan, magenta, yellow and black. The CMYK model also has the capability of simulating most other colors. The printer...
- Work smarter. Priestley, Fleur // Printing World;5/19/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 7, p30
This article presents concern of printing company BPC Print for price rise of papers. Roger Severn is managing director of commercial B2 litho printer BPC Print. The Wimbledon company has a turnover of 3.5 million pounds and 35 employees. According to Severn, when paper prices move upwards, even...
- State Dept. orders high-speed printers for passport center. // Inside Tucson Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the announcement rendered by the U.S. Department State on a $6.3 million order for high speed printers. These printers will be used in the two passport production mega-centers of the State Department and procured from L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut....
- UK under Â£230m paper mountain. // Printing World;1/6/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that printer manufacturer Lexmark says that businesses in Great Britain are wasting 231 million worth of paper every year through bad print practice.
- Printers Profit from New Business Model. Fox, John // Information Today;Sep2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, pS5
This article deals with the importance of digital asset management (DAM) to further enable printers to achieve their goals. Commercial print businesses face mounting pressure to deliver faster turnaround times and more custom publishing solutions. From all sides, these businesses are bombarded...
- Anti-Counterfeiting Measures Get Tougher. Littman, Dan // InfoWorld;2/12/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p42
The article discusses anti-counterfeiting measures integrated in the multifunction printers (MFP) tested by "Infoworld" in 2007. Previously, MFP systems adhered to federal anti-counterfeiting guidelines that recommended overlaying all color jobs with the machine's serial number encoded in yellow...
- Letters to the editor. Mellish, Gary; Rendle, Chris; Darrington, Rupert // Printing World;12/2/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 11, p14
Presents letters to the editor related to printing industry. Discussion of paper price increase; Criticism of an article; Comment on a news item.