Beauty and the Beast
- Open Architecture for Property Management. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the utilization of access control solutions protection technology by Stiles Property Management to secure its facilities in Florida. Design and installation of the access control systems; Provision of scalability to accommodate new building applications; Aid of the access control...
- Requirements For Card-to-Exit. Deteinne, Scott // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2004, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the evolution of code provisions to indirectly permit use of card-to-exit systems for access-controlled egress doors. Request by owners and managers of secured facilities for a card-to-exit system for select doors in an effort to monitor persons leaving the secured room; Unlocking of...
- Off to the Right STARTSS for Entryway Security Decisions. Schreiber, Greg; Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2014, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p100
The article discusses a decision methodology, called STARTSS, that aid in deciding the best entryway security product for an enterprise. It outlines the factors considered in the STARTSS process which are divided into two parts, the before installation phase and after installation. Security...
- Access to Europe. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the growth of the European access control market. Value of the market; Effects of the European Working Time Directive on the demand for time and attendance-based systems; Factors behind the growth of the market.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p117
A quiz concerning access control devices and security systems technology is presented.
- Using a Parallel Network for a Video Camera. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p88
The article details the cabling options for installing a network camera. This camera will be installed in the work area, and viewed on a computer in the main cross-connect, with optional viewing over the Internet. Although this example uses a network camera, the same principles apply to any type...
- The Door Detail Schedule. Khairallah, Michael // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2007, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p50
The article features the importance of Door Detail Schedule (DDS) to determine the physical security requirements of the facilities. During the physical survey, the chief security officers and their technicians should identify all doors on the outside and inside of the facilities to rate the...
- Smart security at international showcase. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p6
Discusses several security systems showcased during the IFSEC 2004 tradeshow. Features of the automatic gate developed by Automatic Systems; Information on the access and perimeter technology from IDL; Information on the biometric identification system launched by tssi. INSET: Security awards.
- The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Provides tips on how to protect facilities from unauthorized vehicles and visitors in the U.S. Emergence of blast-resistant guard booths; Relevance of visitor identification systems and more versatile guard tour systems; Design of the Sky Watch mobile tower.