One Practical Side of Quality Response
- Driving Miss (and Mr.) Security. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2008, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p37
The article discusses the parking lot and garage security system of Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. Carl Newman, assistant aviation director, says that in his 28 years, he has seen and experienced tremendous growth in the aviation. Newman's recent success is the application...
- Achilles' Heel. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/17/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p51
The article focuses on Sky Train, an elevated light railroad being planned for construction at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. The rail system is designed to relieve automobile traffic congestion within the airport, which has become severe as the airport's passenger...
- The Sound of Silence? Mobilizing GIS for Airport Noise Mitigation. Bears, Maria; Caraway, Matt // GEOWorld;Jul2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p26
The article focuses on the application and usefulness of the mobile geographic information system (GIS) technology in the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. It states that the GIS technology improves customer service, Community Noise Reduction Program efficiency, and residential...
- BACKLASH ON BACKSCATTER. Salemme, Elisabeth // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/15/2007, Issue 1, p11
The article reports backlash to the use of airport backscatter X-ray machines to detect concealed weapons. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) opposes the technology calling it a "digital strip search. " Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport is the first to use it as part of an antiterrorism test...
- Intense heat disrupts flights at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/9/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p56
Reports that hot weather disrupted airline flights at Phoenix's Sky Harbor airport on June 26 because the 122 degrees fahrenheit temperature was hotter than the 120 degree fahrenheit upper limit in some aircraft's standard flight manuals.
- Development work nears completion at airport in Phoenix. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/10/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p74
Shows an artist's rendering of the $280-million Terminal Four complex at Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, scheduled for completion in November.
- Soaring demand spurs talk of regional airport. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;05/11/98, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the debate over a regional airport in Tucson, Arizona has resurfaced in the wake of a recent action killing plans for a runway at the Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. Funding problems of the regional airport proposal; Light rail system as the most debated...
- Phoenix rising. Schwartz, Adele C. // Air Transport World;Jun2001, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p134
Provides information on the expansion of the Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. Cost of the expansion project; Increase in the airport's passenger volume in 2000; Details on the operations of Sky Harbor; Facilities to be upgraded as part of the expansion project; Problems...
- The mildly pleasant skies. Levy, Ted // Liberty (08941408);May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p42
The author criticizes a claim by Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Arizona that it is the friendliest airport in the U.S.