- Standard: It's tool time. Callwood, Brett // Crain's Detroit Business;4/19/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p10
The article presents information on Sterling Heights-Michigan based firm Standard Components Inc. Since its formation in 2001, the firm has changed its business from refurbishing components on scrapped automotive checking fixtures to designing and manufacturing fixtures. The firm started...
- Sishen Iron Orders Jigs for Expansion. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p68
The article reports that Allmineral Ltd. has been contracted by Kumba Resources Ltd. to supply Sishen iron ore mine in the Northern Cape, South Africa. A new plant will consist of six modules with each including three jig circuits. the plant is scheduled to be in production by 2007. Alljigs...
- Saks Fifth Avenue unveils a redesign. Roy, Sree // Display & Design Ideas;Oct2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the company Saks Fifth Avenue, New York, which has major plans for its future. The company unveiled a new $25 million renovation for Saks Fifth Avenue's Atlanta, Georgia store. The renovation program also includes Saks Fifth Avenue stores in San Antonio, Texas and Boston,...
- Wooden pizza cutter. Watts, Harry E. // Tech Directions;Apr96, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p44
Presents a project for students involving the production of curved wooden cutter. Use of the wooden cutter in teaching rotary jig routing; Designing and making the jig; Materials for routing jigs; Making the pizza cutter; Mass production of the cutter.
- Keller Journeyman dovetail jig. Colpetzer, Bob // Woodworker's Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p83
Features the Keller Journeyman 1500 jig. Specifications; Optional accessories; Evaluation of the jig's performance; Precision machining; Contact information. INSET: A shop-made backing block and clamps..
- Homemade jig eases Category 5 terminations. Pasheilich, Bob // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Dec97, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p77
Presents steps in constructing a homemade jig that can hold various Category 5 connectors in place while terminating the cable. Use of a piece of oak; Mounting of a plastic container on the upper right corner and upper left corner of a separate piece of wood; Feeding of the cable through the...
- Modular fixturing system. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p260
Features a complete modular fixturing system that is available in three sizes by Qu-Co. Features; Contact information.
- Incra jig ultra. Cook, Rob // Woodworker's Journal;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p82
Evaluates the performance of the Incra Jig for woodworking. Features; Design; Improvements from previous versions; Design of the carriage.
- Line of fixtures feature grinding and radius/angle fixtures. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar95, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p336
Features the Romer line of fixtures. Design of the Romer I radial grinding fixture; Design of the Romer II 180-degree protractor; Innovations in the Romer IV radius tool.