GM, international Truck reach tentative agreement on medium-duty truck business
- GM Truck Brands Bolster Navistar. // Ward's Auto World;Jan2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the plan of General Motors (GM) Corp. to sell its medium-duty truck business to Navistar International Corp. subsidiary, International Truck and Engine Corp. Under a memorandum of understanding between the companies, Navistar will acquire the assets and intellectual...
- GM Sticks with Truck Dealers But Navistar will take over medium-duly production. Finlay, Steve // Ward's Dealer Business;Mar2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the plan of Navistar International Corp. (NIC) to make medium-duty trucks for General Motors Corp. (GM) in the U.S. It is stated that GM is selling its medium-duty truck business to NIC. In the fourth quarter of 2008, NIC will begin making Chevrolet TopKicks and GMC...
- GM to sell medium-truck business, keep dealer network. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;3/3/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6297, p6
The article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) plans to sell its medium-truck business to Navistar International Corp. But GM said that it will maintain its network of 500 U.S. dealerships that sell Chevrolet and GMC medium-duty trucks. In December, 2007, Navistar agreed to buy GM's GMT560...
- Onslaught of Sales Promotions Points Toward An Impending Manufacturing Slowdown. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/22/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p22
The article reports that oil prices in the U.S. are skyrocketing with more force than the country's space shuttle program, prompting a truck supplier to offer a new giveaway. But observers think today's hot summer deals will do little to keep purchases from cooling off tomorrow. Just after...
- GM offers access panel on all pickups. Child, Charles // Automotive News;5/22/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5605, p3
Reports on General Motors' (GM) offer of an access panel on extended-cab versions of its full-sized and compact Chevrolet and GMC trucks. Estimated price of the option; Similar option on redesigned F series; Availability of wheelchair lift for GM pickups.
- New Tilt Cab from General Motors Delivers both Brains and Brawn. // Fleet Equipment;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p11
Features the Chevrolet Kodiak and the GMC TopKick medium duty T-Series commercial trucks from General Motors. Offer of a multiple horsepower and torque options with a single engine; Acceptance of a wide range of truck bodies due to redesigned frames; Design efforts between General Motors and...
- Hit the Road. // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p32
The article evaluates several 2011 passenger and medium-duty trucks including the 2011 Silverado 3500HD from Chevrolet, the Sierra Denali 2500HD and 2500HD from General Motors and the TerraStar Class 4/5 from International Trucks.
- Chevrolet and GMC: 1992-99 C/K Truck with 6.5L diesel and manual transmission. // Motor Age;Feb2000, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the release of a novel pressure plate and clutch disc to prevent clutch failure and noise in a Chevrolet and GMC 1992-99 C/K truck with 6.5 diesel and manual transmission.
- TRUCKS. // Contractor Magazine;May2007, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p72
The article evaluates several trucks including the Deluxe Commercial Units from A.R.E., the 2007 Savana from GMC, and the Chevy Astro Body from Chevrolet.