European transport equipment market forecast to set new sales record for '07
- On the trail of good profits. // Commercial Motor;11/11/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5104, p67
Focuses on the reemergence of semi-trailers in the used truck trade in Great Britain in 2004. Indications of the turnout of Manheim Auctions; Factors that influenced the increased demand for used trailers; Benefits of used trailers to independent dealers.
- December Class 8 orders lowest in two years. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p6
This article reports on the decline in Class 8 net orders for December 2008, according to FTR Associates' North American Commercial Truck and Trailers Outlook service. Only 119,100 units were sold during the three-month period from October-December 2008. The forecast for 2009 faces a downward...
- Profitability May Be Winding Down. Vansickle, Joe // National Hog Farmer;7/15/2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the probability that the price of pork will decline in 2006. Several signs point to a downward spiral in the live hog price cycle, led by softening demand for pork; Decrease of pork production; Role of pork demand in higher market prices.
- July trailer orders fail to meet expectations. // Fleet Owner Blog;8/22/2013, p12
The article reports that net orders of truck trailers in the U.S. in July 2013 was 17 percent down month over month at only 12,739 units.
- The power of three pays dividends. // Commercial Motor;2/14/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5522, p46
The article offers the things to consider when purchasing a Euro-5 used truck.
- ANSWERS TO YOUR FORECASTING QUESTIONS. // Journal of Business Forecasting;Summer2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to business forecasting. A reader solicits suggestions for providing a meaningful report based on error measurements. Another reader asks for an explanation about how to forecast the unforecastables. Lastly, a reader asks for a study that shows...
- Fuel Cell Market to Reach $2.6 Billion. // Power Electronics Technology;Jul2005, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
Provides an outlook in the global commercial demand for fuel cell products and services in the U.S. Basis behind expectations for growth in fuel cell revenues including prototyping and test-marketing activities; Indications showing the development of several viable markets for fuel cells by...
- Forecast Horizons for a Class of Dynamic Lot-Size Problems Under Discrete Future Demand. Dawande, Milind; Gavirneni, Srinagesh; Naranpanawe, Sanjeewa; Sethi, Suresh // Operations Research;Jul2007, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p688
We present structural and computational investigations of a new class of weak forecast horizons--minimal forecast horizons under the assumption that future demands are integer multiples of a given positive real number--for a specific class of dynamic lot-size (DLS) problems. Apart from being...
- CSIL releases World Furniture Outlook 2009. // Furniture/Today;1/5/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p10
The article discusses the "World Furniture Outlook 2009" report from Italian market research and consulting company CSIL. The report reveals that furniture demand is predicted to decline in 2009 in 15 countries, including the United States and most European countries. The report expects...