Fabick expands chemical production facility
- Increasing Productivity at Resin Making Plant. Seguy, Bernard // Industrial Paint & Powder;Mar2006, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses cost-effective ways to increase productivity at resin making plant. The first factor to consider is batch time because shorter batch times mean higher production rates with the same equipment. Another factor the needs to consider is process controls. Strict monitoring of...
- Too MUCH Control Too LITTLE Quality. Buck, Vernon E. // Business Horizons;Fall65, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p34
Explores the emergence of the quality control function as a solution to the difficulty of simultaneously obtaining high levels of quantity and quality production. Pressures on manufacturing and quality control managers; Impact of workers' attitudes on quality and quantity; Effect of a lack of...
- To improve quality, don't measure it. Taguchi, Genichi // Design News;1/17/94, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p126
Focuses on the evaluation of quality and productivity. Traditional measures of product quality as negative; Quality Loss function (QLF); Signal-to-noise ratios (S/N); Energy transformation. INSET: Ask the manager..
- Offshore Sourcing. Bloom, Michael // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep2003, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p34
Discusses the importance of auditing in ensuring manufacturing quality. Maximization of production; Documentation of the quality system; Analysis of tradeoffs between quality, size of project and cost.
- General Alum gets ISO... // Chemical Market Reporter;04/13/98, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p33
Reports that General Alum & Chemical Corp.'s chemical plant in Searsport, Maine, has achieved an ISO 9002 quality control certification.
- Supply Problems Drive Up European Ethylene. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;8/27/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 30, p49
Reports on the effect of heat wave on the production of ethylene plants in Europe. Influence of shipping on chemical production; Increase in the ethylene spot prices.
- Industrial mineral moves. // Mining & Quarry World;Mar2005, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p2
Speculates the possibility of the resumption of potash production in the Republic of Congo following a feasibility study by the Canadian company MagIndustries in 2005. Production capacity of the proposed plants; Source of the energy for the processes; Extension of the European business-units of...
- Productivity, Problems, Paradigms, and Progress. Dolenga, Harold E. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Fall85, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p39
Discusses the factors affecting industrial productivity. Information on the productivity and quality problems; Role of the management for productivity and quality; Management philosophy for a competitive paradigm.
- The Trouble With Japanese Management Systems. Odiorne, George S. // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug84, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the problems of Japanese management system in the United States. Superiority of Japanese productivity and quality control over US; Dimensions of quality control; Differences on societal and cultural values.