PEOPLE & POSTS
- Top job. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;9/10/2002, p50
Focuses on the career of human resource director Alan Cairns in Europe. Work experiences; Interest in boxing and motorcycling to relive everyday stress; Credibility of Cairns in performing human resource functions.
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;1/15/2008, p30
The article announces several appointments and promotions of corporate executives including the appointment of Alan Cairns as director of human resource (HR) by Moneysupermarket.com Ltd., promotion of Sandra Snow as national HR director at accountancy firm Baker Tilly, and the appointment of...
- Top jobâ€¦ Alan Cairns. // Personnel Today;2/12/2008, p32
The article presents an interview with Alan Cairns, Human Resource director, Moneysupermarket.com Ltd. Cairns is a professionally qualified engineer and holds a diploma in training management, and a CIPD diploma in human resource management. Regarding his duties he said that he managed seven...
- Meet the judges. // Human Resources (09648380);Feb2009, p36
The article profiles several executives in Great Britain. Rachel Campbell is the head of people management at KPMG Europe LLP and was nominated as a Young Global Leader 2007 by the World Economic Forum. Patricia Bacon is the chief operating officer (COO) at Instant Offices Group who is...
- HR expertise needed for senior executives' reward packages. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p4
Reports on the role of personnel managers in planning an organization's senior executive reward packages. Alienation of employees and shareholders; Publication of detailed breakdown of directors' remuneration in annual reports; Establishment of expectations from directors; Relationship between...
- A new forum for HR's senior executives. // Personnel Today;5/6/2003, p1
Focuses on the launch of the HR Directors Club by the periodical 'Personnel Today.' Aim of providing business inspiration, networking opportunities and quality information for human resource directors; Description of the club's Web site.
- A Matter of Course. Steinburg, Craig // Training & Development;Jul91, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the results of a study which determined the qualities of human resources department of personnel managers. Comparison with other managers; Leadership and communications skills; Weaker numerical, financial and quantitative abilities.
- Beneficial differences: HR leaders and their business partners. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development;Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the differences between human resource (HR) managers and operational vice-presidents. Comparison of personality traits; Characteristics of HR managers.
- How I see HR... Els, Chris // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article presents the author's comments on how human resource (HR) executives may help in strategic management of a company.