THE METHODS THAT MANAGERS CAN USE TO BOOST LEARNING
- Training time. // OECD Observer;Sep2003, Issue 239, p25
Reports on the trends and practices in training and personal development for employees. Importance of training and upgrading workers' skills and competencies; Aspects of lifelong learning and training; Costs and investments related to employee training and development; Percentage of workers who...
- Assessment centres: the best talent scout. Vanovermeire, Caroline // Lawyer;1/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p47
The article focuses on the importance of assessment and development centers in retaining for the best talents in law firms. These centers are the most effective way of identifying what a firm's talent looks like now and what it will represent in the future. Firms should set enough investment in...
- Compensation, Culture, and Motivation: A Systems Perspective. Cummings, Larry L. // Organizational Dynamics;Winter84, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p33
This article discusses the compensation in the context of motivating executives against a background provided by an organization's culture and other influences on executive motivation. The issues of competency development, appraisal and decision styles lead salary changes. It is important to...
- Using the BOK as a tool. Ludwig, Tom // MGMA Connexion;Jan2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p27
The article discusses the author's views on the importance of staff training and development for internal promotions and organizational change. He suggests that medical groups must identify goals for the target position, conduct gap analysis, and assess infrastructure needs. However, the author...
- Breaking down the age barrier. Redford, Kirstie // Personnel Today;10/3/2006, p26
The article focuses on the importance of offering on-job training programs to older workers in business enterprises in Great Britain. It is observed that if older workers are denied access to training then their working skills and core competencies fade with the time. Employee training helps in...
- Employees Training and Development: What Competencies Should be Developed the Most? Kashi, Katerina // Proceedings of the European Conference on Management, Leadership;2014, p452
In common practice employees' training and development plays an important part in every company. However, most of the companies exercise the training and development system where the training activities are based on the needs of employees, either based on needed development or according to the...
- Career Resuscitation. Kaye, Beverly; Jordan-Evans, Sharon // Executive Excellence;Sep2004, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
Discusses several steps for executives to plan, build and strengthen their career. Examination of one's interests, values and work skills; Uncovering trends, ways to learn new skills and career options; Identification of goals, alliances and support.
- Una dÃ©cada de experiencia y un decÃ¡logo de aprendizajes: formaciÃ³n y outdoor training. GONZÁLEZ, RAFAEL // Capital Humano;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 244, p24
No abstract available.
- Build a training & learning culture--and reap benefits. Boomer, James K. // Accounting Today;7/26/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p22
Discusses the benefits of a training and learning culture to an accounting firm. Importance of the culture of training and learning; Aspects of a training and learning culture that provide satisfaction; Concept of at-risk firms.