- How kind words can often see of cash rich rivals. O'Connor, Deborah // Employee Benefits;Jul2004, p5
Reports on the corporate strategy to improve employee retention in Great Britain. Improvement in the employee fringe benefits; Organizational changes in response to the career shifts of employees; Business planning based on the concept of staff loyalty.
- Commitment and Engagement--Not Morale and Satisfaction. Bardwick, Judith M. // MWorld;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the strategies that will help business enterprises promote engagement and commitment of employees. These include adopting a corporate culture based on commitment and engagement, employing the right people, and listening to the concerns of employees. It reveals that the...
- Will You Surf the Perfect Storm Ahead or Be Drowned by It? Stallard, Michael Lee // MWorld;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the strategies that need to be considered by business enterprises that will help them address the challenges offered by global economic crisis. These include developing an efficient corporate image, building relationship with employees, and engaging employees in the...
- LOYALTY PAID OFF. // National Liquor News;Sep2010, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p24
The author reflects on retaining loyal employees in Australia who did not leave their work despite the global financial crisis (GFC).
- Let's make this a great place to work! MacRory, Simon // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1999, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p28
Discusses approaches that will ensure employee retention in an organization. Ensuring employee loyalty; Building an organization attractive to employees; Motivating employees.
- Improve Service. Clemmer, Jim // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Aug2012, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p4
The article offers information on retaining loyal and skilled staff by treating them fairly and respectfully.
- Human Resource's Strategy for the Future. Brazeel, Stanna // Electric Light & Power;May/Jun2009, Vol. 87 Issue 3, Special section p2
The article presents the author's views related to human resource (HR) professionals taking steps to develop a long term workforce strategy for their organizations in the wake of the current global financial crisis. She states that cost cutting, retaining employees, recruiting, and strengthening...
- Help wanted: the R.E.A.L. battle is on. Lookadoo, Russell // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/1/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p9
In this article, the author discusses the strategy called REAL for employee retention that is defined as recognition, engagement, affiliation and leadership.
- The post-loyalty enterprise. Heathcote, Andrew // BRW;10/30/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p96
Addresses employee loyalty and ways to keep quality staff in Australia. Reasons for falling employee loyalty; Average tenure of chief executive; Changes in the concept of loyalty; Reasons for employees to feel a closer association to their profession rather than to the organization they work...