Walk the talk
- Intranets help raise department' profiles. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;03/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p3
Looks at the growth in the popularity of employee benefit information on corporate intranets. High amount of investment by companies in intranets; Comments from Wayne Randolph, a senior consultant in the World Class Human Resources Practice of KPMG Peat Marwick L.L.P.; Easy adaptability of...
- Effective Benefits Communication on a Shoestring Budget . Everson, Jeffrey M. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
Effective communication is an essential element of a well-designed employee benefits program. A carefully planned approach to benefits communication one that imparts information frequently, cost-effectively and in manageable pieces can significantly enhance employees' perception of their...
- Merchandising voluntary. Traynor, Marty // Benefits Selling;Jan2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p32
In this article the author discusses merchandising of voluntary benefits products, stressing that the practice offers advantages to employers. He notes that efforts to communicate benefits offerings to employees could be enhanced by including employers' messages during voluntary product...
- Technology has scope for the future. // Employee Benefits;2003 Benefits Book, p94
Outlines the benefits technology offers to company benefits systems. Use of electronic benefits systems to clean up personnel data and organize it into a single centralized database; Usefulness of intranets as benefit tools; Use of the systems as the basis for flexible benefits administration. ...
- What's Working. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p7
The article looks at several compensation and benefits trends in the U.S. Employees of Verizon who have been trained are currently teaching one another through videos they posted on the company's intranet video site VZTube. Details of the Southern LifeStyle wellness program of utility firm...
- N.J.'s Commerce to Sponsor Benefits Intranets. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;3/8/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the offer of the Commerce Bancorp regarding customized employee-benefits intranets in New Jersey. Importance of the offer in selling personal-lines insurance, investment products and bank accounts; Pros and cons of the intranet offer; Accessibility of the offer.
- Intranet keeps staff updated on news, policies. // Same-Day Surgery;Apr2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p46
The article examines the effectiveness of an intranet to promote communications among employees at Brighton Surgery Center in Brighton, New York.
- The benefits of clearly-defined benefit programs. // Westchester County Business Journal;08/11/97, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p15
Offers advice on how companies should implement benefit communication programs for employees. Failure of companies to realize the full advantage of their benefit communication efforts; Need to put benefits into the context of the company's business goals; Involvement of continuous evaluation...
- Benefits must be regularly promoted to staff. Aston, Louise // Employee Benefits;10/1/2015, p35
The article presents the author's views on the significance of communicating benefits to employees.