Travelodge uses scheme to tap into local talent
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/17/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4523, p56
The article discusses the results of a survey of 3,000 employees in the hospitality industry by Travelodge. They found out that the typical member of staff claims an extra Â£204 each year in unauthorized expenses, with common scams including false taxi journeys, exaggerated mileage and...
- Travelodge rebrands for growth. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/18/2005, Issue 2657, p17
Reports on the plans of budget hotel company Travelodge Hotels Inc. to build about 200 new properties over the next six years that will create 4, 500 jobs over the next three years in Great Britain.
- Travelodge finds room for graduates. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;9/20/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p14
The article reports on the efforts of Budget hotel chain Travelodge to launch a graduate trainee scheme to help relieve skills shortages. The firm is planning to expand threefold and to take on 10,000 extra staff by 2020. According to Ruth Saunders, Travelodge's head of resourcing, there were...
- Lodging Today. // Lodging Hospitality;Jul99, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p8
Presents updates on the hospitality industry in the United States as of July 1, 1999. Growth of Travelodge; Flexible working schedule of sales managers at Seelbach Hilton in Louisville, Kentucky; Construction of Comfort Inn & Suites in Saskatchewan. INSETS: Reinventing the Meal at Wyndham...
- Travelodge Hotels, Inc. // Hotel & Motel Management;02/19/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p36
Features Travelodge Hotels Inc. Hotel franchise system; Brand hotels and resorts; Unique accommodation services; Key executives; Focus on leisure travel and family vacations; Franchise services provided by its Travelodge Consulting; Contact information.
- A LOOK BACK. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/15/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 9, p3
Presents excerpts of articles from past issues of the `Hotel and Motel Management' journal which reported hotel-related events in the United States. Opening of Flamingo Casino Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1946; Travelodge Hotels Inc.'s introduction of the first wheelchair-accessible room in 1964.
- Travelodge enters resort tier, revitalizes Thriftlodge. Frabotta, David // Hotel & Motel Management;11/20/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the launch of Travelodge World Resorts by Travelodge Hotels in the United States. Efforts of the company to revitalized Thriftlodge, a sleeping product; Features of Thriftlodge; Information on the amenities of the hotels.
- HOTEL NEWS. // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Oct2010, p10
This section offers news briefs concerning the hotel sector, as of October 2010, including the opening of the 11th Edinburgh, Scotland property of Travelodge, the opening of Starwood's first European Aloft hotel at Rue Belliard near the European Parliament and the management of Hilton of a...
- ...as Travelodge tries One Off Spanish sortie. // Design Week;11/22/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p4
This article reports that Travelodge will make its first foray into the overseas budget hotel market with a structure devised by retail specialist The One Off Company. The hotels will have 100 rooms, mirroring the pricing and format in Great Britain, targeting domestic travellers and its strong...