Face up to the impact of the iPlayer, HR told
- PEER REVIEW: Wine Library TV. Ozer, Jan // Streaming Media;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p24
The article reviews the internet television show "Wine Library TV," produced and hosted by Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Turkey Bomb (Video). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;11/29/2013, p7
An internet video featuring turkey is discussed.
- IPTV: Technology, Practice, and Service. Hsiang-Fu Yu; Jen-Wen Ding; Pin-Han Ho; Tapolcai, János // International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting;2012, p1
In this article, the authors discuss various articles in this issue of the periodical on recent advances in IPTV services.
- NPD: Connected Devices to Reach 1.34B Units by 2016. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that new data from NPD In-Stat has revealed that the number of devices sold globally connecting the Internet to the television (TV) is anticipated to increase to 1.34 billion units by 2016.
- As video goes mainstream, TV and digital agency execs do battle over who owns it. BRUELL, ALEXANDRA // Advertising Age;5/14/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 20, Special section pc-4
The article examines the impact on media buying services of a plan by major Internet entertainment industry firms to market Internet television advertising in conjunction with the upfront advance sales period for television and cable television advertising. The need for cooperation between media...
- WebTV. // Essential Internet;2003, p227
A definition of the term "WebTV" is presented. It refers to a service incorporating access to both television and the Internet. Founded by three former employees of Apple Inc. and now owned by Microsoft Corp. It uses a special set-top box to integrate the functions of an existing television set...
- Is the Us model the only way forward for internet TV? STREET, ALEX // New Media Age;10/22/2009, p26
The article presents the author's insights on the U.S. Internet television model. He cites some developments related to Internet television in the U.S. which make the U.S. ahead of Great Britain in terms of development, adoption and measurement. The lessons from the U.S. model are also...
- Hulu Viewer numbers more Than Network Sites Combined. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/14/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that online repurposed TV programming company Hulu had 323 million hours of viewing in 2010, increasing viewership by 17%.
- IPTV: Playing its part. Nixon, Neil // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jan/Feb2009, p5
The author expresses his opinion on Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). He stated that as the IPTV market continues to mature, it is turning to evolution rather than just deployment. Steve Oetegenn, chief operating officer of Verimatrix, stated that hybrid systems are being developed to involve...