Training needed to power nuclear programme
- Effects of the Training Transfer Management on the Workers in Nuclear Power Plants. Seonsu Kim; Meiling Luo; Yong-Hee Lee // Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea;2/28/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p49
Objective: The aim of this study is to enhance the efficiency of education and training through application and management of 'Transfer of Training' in nuclear power plants. Background: Despite the sophistication and standardization of job-related skills and techniques of workers,...
- Sparring over Mochovce. Wesolowsky, Tony // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec1998, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on the Mochovce nuclear power plant in Slovakia. Operation of the nuclear plant; Arguments on the power plant; Risk assessments on the nuclear power plant.
- NUCLEAR INFRASTRUCTURE QUESTIONED. Zink, John C. // Power Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p40
Examines the nuclear infrastructure in the United States. Information on the trends in the construction of nuclear power plants in the country; Factors to consider in the establishment of nuclear power plants; Concerns on the safety of nuclear power plants.
- 17% of world's power is nuclear. // Electric Light & Power;Dec97, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p23
Talks about the nuclear power plants operating around the world. Countries who were connected with nuclear power plants representing net electric capacity; Places where the construction of nuclear reactors started; Total nuclear generated electricity in 1996.
- Opponents celebrate nuclear showdown. // European Power News;Apr2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p5
Reports the celebration of opponents to the closure of Bradwell nuclear power station in Great Britain. Demand of Friends of the Earth organization for prohibition of power station construction; Plans of Ecotricity company to build power stations; Statement regarding nuclear power by campaigner...
- Brazil (finally) completes second nuclear unit. // Power;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the completion of Brazil's Angra Unit 2 nuclear power-plant. Reason the project was halted in 1988; Developer of the Angra-2 unit.
- Chernobyl containment. // International Construction;Nov2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p24
The article reports that a new confinement shelter worth $2.1 billion over the site of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster in Ukraine is in progress.
- Bradwell bids farewell. // Professional Engineering;4/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the closure of the nuclear power station Bradwell in Essex, England.
- Excess moisture slows Sizewell return. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2010, Issue 827, p10
The article reports on the impact of the failure to repair the cooling circuit of the Sizewell B nuclear power plant in Great Britain after excess moisture levels were discovered in the containment building on the plant's output.