TAKE THAT, EMI
- The Holy Grail: Brit pack work on formula for cracking States. Jones, Joanna // Music Week;5/17/2003, Issue 19, p6
Examines the efforts of the British music industry to establish their place in the U.S. market. Recognition of the fickle appeal of the U.S. consumer towards British acts; Effectiveness of the 'think global, act local' ethos by EMI on their marketing strategy; Speculation on the failure of...
- Williams singing for $125 mil deal. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;10/3/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 87, p6
Reports that British pop singer Robbie Williams has signed a record contract with the EMI.
- Robbie is runaway winner in 1998-2002 album sales. // Music Week;2/8/2003, Issue 5, p3
Reports that EMI artist Robbie William has topped a chart ranking the 50 most successful album artists in Great Britain between 1998 and 2002. Number of albums sold by Williams; Artists included in the top 10.
- COMING UNDONEâ€¦. // Employers Law;Feb2008, p4
The article reports on the possibility that music giant EMI could pay a large sum in protective awards if it decided to pursue redundancies in 2008. According to Sean Dempsey, an associate at law firm Lewis Silkin, current redundancy consultation law states if an employer is proposing to dismiss...
- Showdown At The EMI Corral. Sutherland, Mark; Ferguson, Tom; Paine, Andre // Billboard;1/26/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the business deals of music executive Guy Hands. The author reports that Hands appears to have headed off the prospect of a widespread artist revolt at EMI after meeting with more than 100 of the label's artist and managers. The meeting came days after his management team...
- london calling. Oldham, James // Entertainment Weekly;12/13/2002, Issue 686, Special Section p37
Focuses on a deal signed by singer Robbie Williams with record company EMI.
- International EMI heads meet to co-ordinate Robbie roll-out. // Music Week;10/26/2002, Issue 43, p6
Reports on the marketing campaign prepared by EMI Group PLC to promote Robbie Williams' album 'Escapology' in the international market. Departments that have coordinated to launch the international marketing campaign.
- Study: PE has Little Impact on Job Growth. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p30
This article discusses several studies which revealed that private-equity (PE) investment does not cause layoffs. In mid- January 2008, EMI Group Plc said it would cut as many as 2,000 jobs. One study, commissioned by the Private Equity Council, takes a look at PE-backed deals, while a separate,...
- From a steam to a river: the rise of the multi-platform deal. Cardew, Ben // Music Week;6/16/2007, Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the signing of a multi-platform music contract between musician Robbie Williams and record label EMI Music in Great Britain. Williams and EMI signed the deal in 2002 and at the time it was considered to be ground breaking for its focus not only on the record label...