EDITOR'S TALKING POINT
- RETURNING TO WORK AFTER CANCER DIAGNOSIS. // USA Today Magazine;May2000, Vol. 128 Issue 2660, p8
Discusses the benefits of returning to work after a cancer diagnosis. How to prepare for the patient's return to work; Physical complaints related to cancer; How to cope with colleagues.
- Charity warns cancer patients threatened with benefit cuts. // Occupational Health;Jan2010, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on a warning issued by a cancer charity for terminally ill cancer patients in Great Britain regarding possible termination of their employment benefits unless they attend back-to-work interviews.
- 16 Shave Heads to Show Support. // Orange County Business Journal;4/30/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p62
The article reports that 16 employees of White Nelson Diehl Evans LLP shaved their heads to support people with cancer who lose their hair due to chemotherapy.
- Picture of the Week. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/27/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4605, p11
A photograph of the staff members of Twenty-nine Hotel du Vin and Malmaison who have raised 100,000 pounds for cancer charity in England is presented.
- Ignorant bosses give sick patients the sack. Cohen, Philip // New Scientist;10/05/96, Vol. 152 Issue 2050, p6
Reports on the tendency by employers to fire employees with cancer according to the 1996 research findings supported by Amgen and the periodical `Working Woman,'. Factors prompting supervisors to fire employees with cancer; Ignorance of the law by employers who dismiss cancer patients.
- Worker Fired For Taking Time To Care For Dying Wife. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;01/07/2013, p13
The article reports on a city worker in Massachusetts, who was fired for spending to much time to take care his wife, who was dying of cancer.
- Online tool gives estimates of best practice caseloads. // Cancer Nursing Practice;Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses the release of the Alexa caseload calculator by National Cancer Action Team (NCAT) and mentions that it aids lung and thoracic cancer professionals.
- Report: Cancer care could use a makeover. // Hospital Peer Review;Jan2014, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p9
The article discusses the role of hospital quality managers in gathering and analyzing data related to providing palliative care to cancer patients.
- CAREERS, CULTURE & CANCER. PYRILLIS // Workforce Management;Mar2013, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on the challenges posed for employers by employees who are cancer survivors in the U.S. Employers are struggling to control health care costs and helping the employees lead healthy lives. Statistics for 2012 from the American Cancer Society reveal that cancer costs employers...