Protecting The Birds That Fly By Night
- Birds Beyond Borders. Ebersole, Rene S. // Audubon;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p154
Reports on Montana Audubon's Birds Beyond Borders program for schoolchildren. Comments from Bob Petty, education coordinator for Montana Audubon; View of Margaret Manning, a teacher who participated in the program, about the project. INSET: Songbird Kit.
- Protect skylarks. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;6/11/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 24, p10
Focuses on the initiative of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds to improve the population of skylarks in Great Britain. Percentage of increase in skylarks' breeding; Rate of decline in skylark population; Information on the Sustainable Arable Farming For an Improved Environment project.
- Wetlands vision in east. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;11/7/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the plans of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) to recreate wetlands aimed at boosting vanishing wildlife in East Anglia. Description of the agricultural area which would recreate wetlands; Remarks from Paul Hammett, National Farmers Union's environment and land use...
- Campaign sees project take off. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;5/7/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p18
Presents information on Operation Lapwing, the joint initiative by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) and the Ulster Farmers Union to increase lapwing numbers in Great Britain. Campaign method used for Operation Lapwing; Estimated number of Lapwing breeding pairs; Advice of...
- Cemex work for birds. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2008, p6
The article reports on the new book "Birds and People-Bonds in a Timeless Journey," published by Cemex Inc. and BirdLife International. Cemex publishes books as a support for fund-raising programs of organizations and to be able to highlight relevant issues in conservation. The book has been...
- RSPB to bolster membership via affiliate activity. // Precision Marketing;8/5/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p3
Focuses on the efforts of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) to boost membership acquisitions through an affiliate marketing program in Great Britain. Collaboration of the RSPB with AllianceFuture's performance marketing network to recruit people through a series of banner...
- For the Birds. Craves, Julie // Birder's World;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p46
Talks about the implications of U.S.-Cuba relations on bird conservation in Cuba as of 2002. Number of bird species exclusive to Cuba; Issue on the conservation of Neotropical migrants, or birds that breed in North America and winter in the tropics; Limited resources for Cuban ornithologists;...
- Well, at Least It's Not the Spotted Owl. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/27/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p34
Reports on the criticism of a draft rule in the United States that would grant a waiver of protections normally extended to eagles. Estimated number of the birds that Hopis smother each year.
- CURRENT BIRD CONSERVATION ISSUES IN AFRICA. Brooks, Thomas; Thompson, Hazell Shokellu // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Jul2001, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p575
Presents bird conservation issues in Africa as of July 2001. Distributional information on African bird conservation; Problems in moving global- and continental-level priorities down to the regional and national scale; Challenges in the implementation of bird conservation issues.