Paging's Window Of Opportunity
- Paging problems. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;05/25/98, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the effects of the failure of communication satellite in the paging operations of hospitals in the United States. Percentage of the American public which uses paging system communications that were affected; Comment from Alicia Mitchell, spokeswoman for the American Hospital Association.
- China continues to lead paging growth in region. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p43
Looks at the growth of the Asia-Pacific paging market. Expansion of FLEX communications networks; Factors contributing to the growth of the market; Loss of 2.7 million subscribers in Japan in 1997.
- United States Pagers. // Pagers Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the pagers industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the...
- Prepaid services come to paging industry. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p34
Focuses on the paging industry, highlighting the prepaid paging service. Comments from Darryl Sterling, paging analyst at the Yankee Group, pertaining to the carrier benefits offered by prepaid payment options; Requirements of prepaid paging; Advantages of prepaid paging; Information on SkyTel...
- Paging carriers strike alliances to fight competition. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the alliances among paging carriers in the United States to fight competition. Competition in the narrowband personal communications services; External challenges from wireless voice carriers.
- Carriers hope to capitalize on content. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p20
Reports that paging carriers in the United States are upgrading their content services. Availability of information content; Personalization of information content.
- No two ways about paging's future. Hartikainen, Jouni // Telecom Asia;Oct97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p76
Details what is needed by Asia's paging operators to combat competition from the cellular sector. What has made it difficult for paging operators to raise their profitability; Most promising way to improve the image of paging and to attract users to paging in the future; Smart networks and...
- Two-way units speak to different users. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p16
Describes various pagers that are available in the United States as of January 1999. Includes Motorola Inc.'s ReFLEX 50 and Page Writer 2000; Wireless Access Group's AccessLink II; Research in Motion Ltd's Inter@ctive 950.
- Puerto Rico's largest beeper carriers. // Caribbean Business;7/6/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p21
Lists the largest beeper carriers in Puerto Rico in 1994, as compiled by `Caribbean Business.' Celpage Inc.; Beepers Telefonica; TPI Communications Inc.; Mr. Beeper; Metro Beeper Inc.; W Beepers & Cellulars Inc.; First Call Beepers Comm. Mega Page; Pronto Beepers.