Not Your Parents' Pagers
- How to send a page-literally. Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Dec96, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p25
Looks at Motorola's PageWriter, a two-way pager that lets the user send a message without connecting to a telephone or computer. Key features; Prices; Availability.
- Beeping back. Quittner, Joshua // Time;9/7/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p90
Discusses two-way pagers. Prevalence of digital divergence; Rough times for the beeper industry; Use of two-way pagers; Evaluation of the Motorola Pagewriter 2000. INSETS: A walkie-talkie cell phone;The real Titanic adventure;The new scent machines.
- Singlepoint Debuts AlarmPort Paging Product. // Computer Protocols;Oct99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
Provides information on AlarmPoint Paging Edition from Singlepoint Systems Incorporated.
- Is two-way paging the way forward? Couvas, Jacques // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p46
Discusses the threat posed by the growth of cellular communication to paging operators in Europe. Demand for paging in Europe; Factors that may inhibit the growth of the pager market in Europe; Need to implement two-way paging in Europe to foster the growth of the pager market.
- Big Screen Pager. // Popular Electronics;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p20
Evaluates the Model CP1250 pager from Motorola company. Features; Price.
- Turn Your Pilot Into a Pager. Himowitz, Michael J. // Fortune;10/12/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 7, p184
Mentions the Synapse Pager Card, a snap-in circuit card that turns a PalmPilot handheld computer into an alphanumeric pager. Motorola's construction of the device, which is marketed by PageMart Wireless Services; How it works; Features; Price.
- Beating the Bleep Out of Beep. Quade, Vicki // American Bar Association Journal;Nov82, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p1356
Discusses the aversion of United States lawyer Tobin Richter to personal pagers. Types of messages received by owners of personal pagers; Social status of people with personal pagers.
- Pager-Watch Combo. Scott, Christopher; Scaduto, Teri // Popular Electronics;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p21
Introduces the BeepwearPRO pager-watch made by Beepwear Paging Products, a joint venture between Motorola and Timex. Features of the device; Price.
- Beeping Toms. // Progressive;Nov86, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p11
Comments on the Johnson Space Flight Center's development of a beeper to track old people suffering from memory impairment.