Retooling For Quicker Take-off
- The right path for now. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p34
Reports on Xypoint Corp.'s introduction of its first location enhanced network services (LENS) for wireless communication applications. Transportation of data over SS7 using standardized integrated system digital network user part (ISUP) messaging; Transmission control application problems that...
- XYpoint offering enables content provision to existing devices. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p80
Reports launching of WebWirelessNow suite, a wireless notification service by XYpoint Corp. Application of Infolink on stock, weather and traffic information; Procedure in accessing information in the Web site of XYpoint; Inability of Internet portals to bypass carriers using the WebWirelessNow...
- XYpoint expands wireless location strategy. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p42
Reports on the expansion of XYPoint's wireless location strategy. Partnerships with Vicinity Corp. and GeoVector; Provision of location-based information services via a voice user interface blended with text messaging technology.
- XYPoint introduces developers kit. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p39
Reports that XYPoint launched a developers kit for its WebWirelessNow wireless communication service.
- Wireless E911 advances. // Telephony;04/13/98, Vol. 234 Issue 15, p46
Reports that Xypoint has launched a phase one E911 system for Centennial Cellular on March 31, 1998.
- Nexus, Xypoint advance on location-based services. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p29
Reports on an agreement between Nexus Telocation North America and Xypoint Corp. to create a working relationship to deploy location-based wireless communication services globally.
- PrimeCo prepares for phase I of E-911. Levine, Shira // America's Network;06/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p59
Cites Xypoint Corp.'s signing of a three-year contract with PrimeCo Personal Communications to provide a wireless enhanced 911 (E-911) solution. Description of how the system works.
- Wingin' It. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p24A
Reports on the search of wireless application service providers (WASP) in the United States for growth areas for their business. Market opportunities for WASP Modular product of Geoworks Corp.; Customers of Wysdom Inc.; Content services offered by Xypoint Corp.
- Content Services Stir Carriers. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p26
Looks at how consumers and wireless carriers are adapting to a world where the desktop Internet is working its way onto wireless devices. Problems with short messaging services from wireless carriers; Information on Xypoint's agreements with PageNet, PageMart and Metrocall; Information on...