Broadband Clamors For Fixed Wireless
- WinStar provides more LNP. // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p92
Reports that WinStar Communications has introduced local number portability to customers in several American states.
- WINSTAR NABS MORE SPECTRUM. // Telephony;12/01/97, Vol. 233 Issue 22, p28
Reports that WinStar Communications Inc. has acquired more licenses from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission that will allow the carrier to boost its market presence in various cities in the U.S.
- WinStar Hits The Road for Financing. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the loan offering launched by WinStar Communications Inc. in March 2000. Objective of the offering; Lead arranger, syndication and documentation agents; Amount and maturity; Initial pricing on the pro-rata pieces.
- Bankers Increase Pricing on Winstar. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;04/03/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the increase in the pricing of the credit facility of Winstar Communications Inc. in March 2000 after it decided to reduce some of its high yield bond offerings. Factor that led to Winstar's decision to reduce the bond issue; Purpose of Winstar's negotiation with lenders; Standard &...
- WinStar expands sales efforts to 15 U.S. cities. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p114
Reports on an announcement made by WinStar communications Inc., regarding plans to expand its accounts sales initiative to 15 major United States markets. When the expansion is expected to be completed; Information on other plans of the company.
- WinStar wins Germany license grants. // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p8
Reports on WinStar Communications Inc.'s receipt of a telecommunication license for Hamburg and Cologne, Germany.
- WinStar testing point-to-point-multipoint system. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p49
Reports on the testing of a point-to-multipoint system with Optical Carrier level-3 (OC-3) radio capacity by WinStar Communications Inc. Comments from Randy Domolky, the company's general manager for carrier sales; Services which WinStar provides; Features of the system; Benefits to be derived...
- Winstar expands D.C. demo. // Telephony;09/07/98, Vol. 235 Issue 10, p43
Focuses on WinStar's addition of a hub site in Washington, D.C. increasing the number of buildings it serves from four to 11.
- WinsStar bags first ISP. // Telephony;6/17/96, Vol. 230 Issue 25, p12
Reports that competitive access provider WinStar has struck an agreement with Digex under which WinStar will provide the Internet service provider with local access via its 38 Ghz wireless fiber services and other methods.