Will There Be An Auto-pilot?
- Ford, Sprint: Behind The Wheel Deal. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the deal between Ford Motor Co. and Sprint PCS that will allow Ford to offer car buyers onboard Web access and voice-activated services. Services that will be incorporated into some Lincoln Continental 2001 cars; Benefit of the drivers from the deal; Relevance of the deal.
- A good business model is hard to find. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/02/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 14, p52
Reports that telecommunication carriers and car manufacturers are looking into telematics as a potential revenue-generator. Companies which have realized the potential of telematics; Factors driving the activity toward telematics; Telematics services offered by the collaboration between Sprint...
- Ford, Sprint PCS partner for telematics. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the partnership of Ford Motor Co. and Sprint PCS to offer voice-activated wireless communications and Internet telemetry services to certain 2001 model Ford vehicles.
- Sprint PCS, VoiceStream entertain swap. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p34
Reports the possible deal between Sprint PCS and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Terms of the deal.
- Amdocs signs agreement with Sprint PCS. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p42
Reports the agreement signed by Amdocs with Spring PCS. Terms of the deal.
- Sprint Forms Special Committ ee to Eye Dish Proposal. // Multichannel News;4/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p24
The article announces that Sprint Nextel Corp. has formed a committee of independent directors to evaluate a 25.5 billion U.S. dollars offer that it received from Dish Network Corp.
- WIRELESS INTERNET. // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p32
Presents updates about the wireless communication industry as of May 29, 2000. Supply deal of mobile telecommunication services, StarHub with Nokia for third-generation network solutions; Success of Motorola and Lucent's multivendor interoperability specifications trial on Sprint PCS wireless...
- Treading On Virgin Territory. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p22
Analyzes the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) deal between Sprint PCS and Virgin Mobile. Implications of the agreement; History of MVNO in the U.S.; Skepticism against the business model; Requirements for MVNO to succeed.
- WOW Wows Northwest. // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the advanced Sprint PCS service launched by Washington Oregon Wireless (WOW) in the Northwest region of the United States. Deal signed by WOW with Alamosa PCS Holdings Inc., the 1999 Spring PCS affiliate of the year.