WebLink: The Next Blue Light Special
- New WebLink messaging offering targets youth. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p44
Highlights WebLink Wireless Inc.'s move to target teenagers and under 30-year olds with a two-way messaging and electronic-mail service it plans to debut in summer 2000.
- Lines between messaging and wireless data blur. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the declining differences between wireless data and wireless messaging services as shown by the services of WebLink Wireless Inc. Development of technology allowing two-way devices operating on wireless networks; Description of the company's wireless services; Client using WebLink's...
- Untitled. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p30
Covers news briefs on wireless communication industry as of April 16, 2001. Release of the Raven II CDPD modem by AirLink Communications Inc.; Features and how the WebLink Wireless Inc. uses the Xap.com information Web site.
- WebLink Wireless To Offer MobileDoc. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p34
Reports that WebLink Wireless Inc. will offer the MobileDoc remote and wireless document access solution of Xerox Corp.
- WebLink attracts developers. Bruno, Antony // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p17
Reports that several companies have joined WebLink Wireless Inc.'s Enterprise Solutions Provider Program. Includes JP Systems Inc. and TimeBills.com; Aim of the program.
- Metrocall Re-evaluates Merger. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Metrocall Inc. is seeking to renegotiate the terms of its planned merger with two-way wireless messaging rival WebLink Wireless Incorporated. Action taken by WebLink that disappointed Metrocall shareholders; Factor that will affect the outcome of the merger plan; What attracted...
- Two-way Providers Pare Positions. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the plan of wireless electronic mail messaging providers Metrocall Inc. and Web Link Wireless Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States to facilitate their merger. Expectations of the companies that their merger would enable them to stay competitive in the industry;...
- Yahoo!, WebLink To Offer Co-branded Service. Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p29
Deals with the plans of Yahoo! Inc. and WebLink Wireless Inc. to integrate their networks to deliver a co-branded service that includes Yahoo! e-mail. Significance and benefits of the partnership to both companies; Factor that led Yahoo! Inc. to choose WebLink Wireless as a partner; Information...
- The Evolution Of WebLink. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p6
Explores the evolution of WebLink Wireless from a one-way paging company into an advanced messaging provider. Amount of funds the company needs to raise; Reasons behind the decision of the company to move out of the traditional paging business; Company partners of WebLink; Views of investors on...