Iridium Eyes Shutdown
- Farewell Iridium, we hardly knew you. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;May2000, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the closure of Iridium company. Number of satellites the company launched for its global communications project; Decline of investors to rescue the company from closure; Information on the number of months spent in planning the business of Iridium.
- BYE, BYE IRIDIUM. Goyer, Robert // Flying;Jun2000, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p50
Reports the closure of Iridium LLC, the company that launched global low earth orbit satellite system for telephone and data communications.
- Learning From Corporate Mistakes: The Rise and Fall of Iridium. Finkelstein, Sydney; Sanford, Shade H. // Organizational Dynamics;Nov2000, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p138
Focuses on the success and failure of Iridium LLC. Conceptualization of the business; Reasons for the company's collapse; Financial impact of the bankruptcy of Iridium; Factors contributing to the business failure; Lessons learned from the case of Iridium.
- Iridium's flickering star may go dark by end of week. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p36
Reports on the possible closure of Iridium LLC. Launching of 66 low-earth-orbit satellites to provide mobile voice and paging services; Pulling out of Eagle River Investments LLC from its proposed bailout.
- Two Internet Firms Want Bankrupt Iridium's Satellite Assets. C.B. // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p6
Reports about two separate proposals to acquire the assets of bankrupt company, Iridium LLC based in the United States. Bid of Hotjump! to acquire both assets and expertise of the company; Offer of Merit studios to form a company allowing the distribution of news and advertising to internet...
- Will the `Wireless Edsel' Be Saved? Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;03/13/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the financial problems faced by satellite telephone and pager service provider Iridium LLC. Liquidation of assets of the company; Companies planning to acquire Iridium; Causes of the demise of Iridium.
- Cash or burn. Kleiner, Kurt; Graham-Rowe, Duncan // New Scientist;03/25/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 2231, p9
Reports on the financial problems of the Iridium satellite telephone company. Court order given in March 2000 for Iridium to liquidate its assets; Failure to find a buyer for the company; Motorola's part-ownership of the company; Software company Merit Studios' plan to harness the Iridium...
- THE IRIDIUM EFFECT. // PC Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p60
Editorial. Discusses the implications of the failure of Internet firm Iridium Inc. United States startups facing similar fate; Valuations of firms that fail to deliver value to information technology professionals; Investment in infrastructure of the economy.
- A Call to Recharge Depleted Iridium. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;03/27/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on the bankruptcy of Iridium LLC, a global satellite telecommunications company. Plans of the company for its assets; Failure in the satellite system installed by the company in the outer space; Factors that contribute to the failure of its business; Lessons from Iridium's failure.