- Olin TDI expansion debuts waste-free DNT technology. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;6/8/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 22, p10
Reports on Olin's boosting of its capacity for toluene diisocyanate (TDI) at Lake Charles, Louisiana. Construction of a plant to make the TDI intermediate dinitrotoluene (DNT); Use of a proprietary toluene nitration process; Funding of project from operating cash flow.
- Middle East PU in perspective. Ling, Ong Sheau // ICIS Chemical Business;12/12/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 19, p37
The article reports on an expected growth for the next five years for polyurethane (PU) raw materials in the Middle East, including polyols and isocyanates like toluene di-isocyanate (TDI) and methyl di-p-phenylene isocyanate (MDI). As reported, European and Asian producers are actively selling...
- TDI oversupplied in Asia; stronger in US and Europe. Boswell, Clay; Colfman, Ron; Ling, Ong Sheau; Finch, Heidi // ICIS Chemical Business;7/19/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 2, p20
The article provides information on the prices of toluene diisocyanate (TDI) in the markets of Asia, Europe, and U.S. It states oversupply and low demand for polyurethane (PU) foam has driven the prices of TDI to fall in Asia. It also states the stabilization in the domestic TDI prices at...
- CPI OFFERS HELP WITH TDI EMISSION RULES. // Urethanes Technology International;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the Regulatory Compliance Assistance Program (RCAP) on toluene diisocyanate (TDI) offered by the U.S. Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI).
- Margins for Polyurethane Raw Materials Hit a 10-Year Low. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the effect of the decline in the U.S. economy on the demand for polyurethane-based products. Projections on the tightness of toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI); Impact of the downturn in the furniture and automotive sectors on the supply and demand...
- TDI waits for demand pick-up. Boswell, Clay; Ling, Ong Sheau; Finch, Heidi; Coifman, Ron // ICIS Chemical Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on a rise in the Chinese prices for feedstock for flexible polyurethane (PU) foams, toluene diisocyanate (TDI). It is stated that since January 2009, the average monthly contract price in Europe has languished near or below 2,200 euro/tonne. According to some market...
- Phosgene. Kirschner, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/8/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p43
The article offers information on the chemical phosgene. Phosgene has a historical growth of 3.2% per year from 2000 to 2005 and a 3.4% future growth per year through 2009. Eighty percent of demand for phosgene is accounted to toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI),...
- Isosorbide based chiral polyurethanes: optical and thermal studies. Varkey, Elizabeth Chirackal; Sreekumar, Krishnapillai // Journal of Materials Science;Apr2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p1912
A new class of chiral polyurethanes containing amido linkages in the polymer backbone have been synthesized by reacting toluene diisocyanate with isosorbide (IS) chiral moiety and the chromophores [ N, Nâ€²-ethane-1,2-diyl bis(6-hydroxy hexanamide), N, Nâ€²-butane-1,4-diyl bis(6-hydroxy...
- dates & prices. // Urethanes Technology;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p36
Presents a graphical representation of the price of polyurethane raw materials as of December 2004. Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate; Toluene diisocyanate; Flexible slabstock.