- Cleaning chems seek innovation. De Guzman, Doris // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p48
The article deals with the efforts of U.S. ingredient suppliers for the household cleaning market to find ways to enhance growth. Sales for fabric care products improved due to the launches of laundry detergents from Procter & Gamble, Henkel and Church & Dwight. In this regard, the firms are...
- Oversupply looms for detergent feedstocks. Boswell, Clay // Chemical Market Reporter;1/30/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the continued supply of the detergent feedstocks despite the unprecedented oil and gas prices and the hurricanes that hit the United States. It discusses the availability of detergent alcohols and linear alkylbenzene. The article also reports on the three classes of...
- Innovative enzymes put a new spin on detergents. De Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p42
Reports that the detergent enzyme market is in the midst of major research and development initiatives. Effort of laundry and dishwater detergent manufacturers to stimulate stagnant sales; Innovation and launch of ground-breaking enzymes; Inclusion of enzymes in detergents beginning to take off...
- Intermediates makers scour for margin relief. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;2/14/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the soap and detergents supplies industry. Fight against margin erosion; Decline in linear alkylbenzene prices; Categories which have posted declining margins; Impact of the tight alcohol supply and high ethylene dioxide price on nonintegrated producers of alcohol ethoxylates; Trends...
- Personal care is the bright spot in Japan. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;1/24/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the performance of the Japanese soap and detergents market in 1995. Sales for personal care, laundry soaps and detergents; Sales growth of the liquid personal care soap category; Competition with Western suppliers; Focus on the Asia/Pacific markets.
- Detergents and personal care. Krivyakina, Marina // Chemical Market Reporter;02/17/97, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p15
Presents an update on various issues concerning the detergents and personal care sectors of the chemical industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes Stepan Co.'s net earnings for 1996; Products introduced by the Potameen Chemicals Inc. for cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications; Th....
- Laundry Aids, Tablets Boost Otherwise Mature Laundry Detergents Market. Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;01/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p21
Reports on the market status of textile washing products in the United States and Western Europe. Reason for the market growth; Value of the United States market for textile washing products; Market trends in the US.
- Changing Trends in Builders. LePree, Joy // Chemical Market Reporter;01/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 4, pFR12
Reports on the changing trends in soap and detergent formulations in the United States. Concerns about the increased demand for liquid detergents; Implications to soda ash production; Uncertainty over the phosphate-based builders.
- The Call for Innovation and Differentiation in European Detergents. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;01/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 4, pFR14
Discusses the trends in detergents sector in Europe. Why innovation and differentiation are priorities for soap manufacturers; Examples of innovation in the European laundry care sector; Reason for the success of tablet detergents in the region.